You have $600 (inc tax or shipping) to spend on an electric guitar. What do you buy?

Hand Amputation

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was looking at the $500-$600 Gibsons and was very underwhelmed by the fit and finish on every one that I picked up. So I picked up this used off of craigslist for $250.

PRS1_zps4c0b7c70.jpg

With the remaining $350 I'd look for a used AC15CC1 or a Blues Junior NOS.

• Members

I was looking at the $500-$600 Gibsons and was very underwhelmed by the fit and finish on every one that I picked up. So I picked up this used off of craigslist for $250.

PRS1_zps4c0b7c70.jpg

With the remaining $350 I'd look for a used AC15CC1 or a Blues Junior NOS.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Amputation

View Post

You have $600 (including shipping and/or tax) to spend on a new electric guitar. What would you buy? Why would you buy it? How would it fit into your already-too-big collection of guitars?

I missed all of the Gibson blowouts. I sad.

Sub-$600 Gibbys

Did you actually try out any of the sub-$600 Gibson's??? You didn't miss anything. They felt, and sounded like CRAP! imho

What would I buy... Why would I buy it

ESP LTD 400-500 series... Built well with good electronics and hardware, including Grover tuners, EMG or Duncan pups.

or

PRS SE model guitars... the pups are much better on the latest models in comparison to the first series of SE's. Still not Duncan's or DiMarzio's, but better than most cheap stock pups. Both of these ranges of guitars have many different finishes to choose from to suit almost anybody's taste. I have an ESP EC400vf and a friend of mine has on the PRS SE's and both had a near perfect setup out-of-the-box!!

How would it fit into your already-too-big collection of guitars?

I don't understand the question... confused.gif

• Members

View Post

You have $600 (including shipping and/or tax) to spend on a new electric guitar. What would you buy? Why would you buy it? How would it fit into your already-too-big collection of guitars?

I missed all of the Gibson blowouts. I sad.

Sub-$600 Gibbys

Did you actually try out any of the sub-$600 Gibson's??? You didn't miss anything. They felt, and sounded like CRAP! imho

What would I buy... Why would I buy it

ESP LTD 400-500 series... Built well with good electronics and hardware, including Grover tuners, EMG or Duncan pups.

or

PRS SE model guitars... the pups are much better on the latest models in comparison to the first series of SE's. Still not Duncan's or DiMarzio's, but better than most cheap stock pups. Both of these ranges of guitars have many different finishes to choose from to suit almost anybody's taste. I have an ESP EC400vf and a friend of mine has on the PRS SE's and both had a near perfect setup out-of-the-box!!

How would it fit into your already-too-big collection of guitars?

I don't understand the question... confused.gif

• Members

View Post

You have $600 (including shipping and/or tax) to spend on a new electric guitar.

Never mind what I'd buy...I've checked my email several times and contacted paypal. They claim to have no record of you sending me the $600confused.gif

wave.gif

• Members

View Post

You have $600 (including shipping and/or tax) to spend on a new electric guitar.

Never mind what I'd buy...I've checked my email several times and contacted paypal. They claim to have no record of you sending me the $600confused.gif

wave.gif

Archived