You have $600 (inc tax or shipping) to spend on an electric guitar. What do you buy?

Hand Amputation

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by sleewell View Post
i just did that and would say either of these:

photo-19.jpg
You've inspired me...I have an Adkins Tele on the way, plus a soapbar-mounted TV Jones Classic for the bridge thumb.gif

(Tele was a little over $600, p'up was $110, so I guess that makes this post OT wink.gif)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by Sheraton View Post
I was looking at the $500-$600 Gibsons and was very underwhelmed by the fit and finish on every one that I picked up. So I picked up this used off of craigslist for $250.

PRS1_zps4c0b7c70.jpg

With the remaining $350 I'd look for a used AC15CC1 or a Blues Junior NOS.
I have one of those. It's killer! I bought mine new for $450, and threw some Fralin noiseless P90s in it.

I'd get a PRS SE 245. $598 at Hello Music.

http://www.hellomusic.com/Items/se-245-tortoise-shell

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by gardo View Post
Sounds like a good time.
How does it work with an amp?
OKAY, trying this again! I've been playing it through a Blues Junior, and I think it's pretty sweet, like a louder acoustic sound, which is a good thing, since it has a sweet bluesy sound unamplified, especially with the new strings, which brightened it up some. The guitar had been hanging for some time in an acoustic room, and though new, the strings were not real fresh. I'm just beginning to play with distortion settings, so I'll know more about that in the future, though I like what I'm hearing so far.

Archived