I HATED Modelling Amps, Then There's Fender's Mustang.

Bbreaker

• Members

The Mustang I that I had was okay after some Fuse editing, but after I bought the GDec III 30 and (and did some serious Fuse editing, swapped the speaker for a Ragin' Cajun and loaded a bunch of backing tracks onto the SD card), I gave the Mustang to my stepson.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Mustang I that I had was okay after some Fuse editing, but after I bought the GDec III 30 and (and did some serious Fuse editing, swapped the speaker for a Ragin' Cajun and loaded a bunch of backing tracks onto the SD card), I gave the Mustang to my stepson.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mistersully

View Post

i'll jump out because i don't mean to jack the thread... my intention was to be helpful, and see you save your money in the long term... over the last few years i spent a lot of money on amps... a lot icon_lol.gif... since getting the Kemper I have no interest at all in amps...all my tube amps are gone... it's everything i need, especially for recording

I'll get some clips up soon

Yeah, that's the reason I'm interested. I'm not good at disposition, but it does indeed seem like a lot of these modeling rack units, coupled with a decent powered PA, can indeed in the long run save one a lot of money and a lot of clutter. So that's why I'm looking at these rigs. Thanks for your suggestions! wave.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mistersully

View Post

i'll jump out because i don't mean to jack the thread... my intention was to be helpful, and see you save your money in the long term... over the last few years i spent a lot of money on amps... a lot icon_lol.gif... since getting the Kemper I have no interest at all in amps...all my tube amps are gone... it's everything i need, especially for recording

I'll get some clips up soon

Yeah, that's the reason I'm interested. I'm not good at disposition, but it does indeed seem like a lot of these modeling rack units, coupled with a decent powered PA, can indeed in the long run save one a lot of money and a lot of clutter. So that's why I'm looking at these rigs. Thanks for your suggestions! wave.gif

• Members

You really have 3 main choices:

Go for a Kemper/AxeFX if you want to convert from tubes without losing the tube lushness and feel

Stick with your tube amp(s) and get a decent modeller that sounds good to add flexibility to what you can achieve

Just stick with tubes - because we know they sound great.

My main recommendation is to play through a Kemper and an AxeFX and then use that experience to define "great modelling" so you know what you are or aren't getting with a more affordable one.

• Members

You really have 3 main choices:

Go for a Kemper/AxeFX if you want to convert from tubes without losing the tube lushness and feel

Stick with your tube amp(s) and get a decent modeller that sounds good to add flexibility to what you can achieve

Just stick with tubes - because we know they sound great.

My main recommendation is to play through a Kemper and an AxeFX and then use that experience to define "great modelling" so you know what you are or aren't getting with a more affordable one.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Apple Slim

View Post

I like my $99 Mustang 1 well enough as a practice amp.

Gets decent low vol tones, esp Fender cleans.

Absolutely hate the interface tho.

No way Id try to gig with one, even a big one.

Id never get it dialed in.

Live, just give me a few knobs to twist.

I can work with that without a degree in computer science.

The interface is the thing I really dislike about the Mustang amps. It's unnecessarily complicated. It also annoys me that default sounds are with effects instead of a straight amp sim, and I have to turn the effects off.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Apple Slim

View Post

I like my $99 Mustang 1 well enough as a practice amp.

Gets decent low vol tones, esp Fender cleans.

Absolutely hate the interface tho.

No way Id try to gig with one, even a big one.

Id never get it dialed in.

Live, just give me a few knobs to twist.

I can work with that without a degree in computer science.

The interface is the thing I really dislike about the Mustang amps. It's unnecessarily complicated. It also annoys me that default sounds are with effects instead of a straight amp sim, and I have to turn the effects off.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by BrammyH

View Post

How easy is it to share presets on the Mustang? Can you easily install presets from the web?

I've got a VYPYR I love, but having to manually set up the presets is a PITA.

Really, really easy. They have thousands categorized by genre, popularity etc... You use the fuse software to get it. I'm no computer guru or techy and it was easy for me.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by BrammyH

View Post

How easy is it to share presets on the Mustang? Can you easily install presets from the web?

I've got a VYPYR I love, but having to manually set up the presets is a PITA.

Really, really easy. They have thousands categorized by genre, popularity etc... You use the fuse software to get it. I'm no computer guru or techy and it was easy for me.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by billybilly View Post
What do you guys run these Axe Fx II's and Kempers into? Power monitors? Cabs? I'm curious.
currently mine goes through my mixer to my studio monitors... i'm going to pick up a 12" powered monitor (or 2) for it at some stage, so i can jam/gig with it

i think for live, people are using powered monitors or going straight to the p.a

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by billybilly View Post
What do you guys run these Axe Fx II's and Kempers into? Power monitors? Cabs? I'm curious.
currently mine goes through my mixer to my studio monitors... i'm going to pick up a 12" powered monitor (or 2) for it at some stage, so i can jam/gig with it

i think for live, people are using powered monitors or going straight to the p.a

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by billybilly

View Post

Are these presets shared on Fender's site?

I'm thinking of either a Fender Mustang, or a Blackstar tube amp and my pedalboard. Or, not solving a problem that doesn't really need to be solved yet smile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by billybilly

View Post

Are these presets shared on Fender's site?

I'm thinking of either a Fender Mustang, or a Blackstar tube amp and my pedalboard. Or, not solving a problem that doesn't really need to be solved yet smile.gif

Archived