I smeared bacon fat on my strat now it stinks

saintdel

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like the sound of that....."I gotta gig tonight, I need to bacon up my axe"

future spam thread......."for sale or trade.....1997 American Standard Telecaster. Sunburst finish. Excellent condition, never baconed."

LOL X 5

• Members

Ok, the bacon episode actually took place about a month ago. Following a course of action which has served me well through out my now quite long life, I decided to do nothing and as usual everything worked out fine. The strat stopped stinking by itself. This fearless foray into the unknown by yours truly has proven it's safe for all of you to pilage your refrigerators for potential fret board lubricants. No need to thank me.

Next: An experiment with my Tele and Astrolube. Should get Doc all excited.

Regarding the sig, please give credit.

• Members

Ok, the bacon episode actually took place about a month ago. Following a course of action which has served me well through out my now quite long life, I decided to do nothing and as usual everything worked out fine. The strat stopped stinking by itself. This fearless foray into the unknown by yours truly has proven it's safe for all of you to pilage your refrigerators for potential fret board lubricants. No need to thank me.

Next: An experiment with my Tele and Astrolube. Should get Doc all excited.

Regarding the sig, please give credit.

I call bull{censored} on the "actually took place about a month ago..."

because less than 16 hours ago you said...

"...Only now, a few days later, my fret board is starting to stink.

How can I get this {censored} off of here?"

So, which is it?

• Members

I call bull{censored} on the "actually took place about a month ago..."

because less than 16 hours ago you said...

"...Only now, a few days later, my fret board is starting to stink.

How can I get this {censored} off of here?"

So, which is it?

Nice catch.

So yeah, which time were you lieing?:poke:

Cant be both.:cop:

• Members
Nice catch.

Cant be both.
:cop:

I'm quite disappointed.

I couldn't quite bring myself to believe he was serious, but I was really hoping he was, because that would be hilarious.

On the off chance you ever do get bacon fat on your strat neck, here's the course of action I would suggest:

Step 1: Fire your guitar tech. (If it's you, kill yourself.)

Step 2: Pick up a product called "Simple Green". You can find it almost anywhere, and it does a great job at cutting through that sort of thing.

Step 3: Spray the simple green into paper towels, use paper towels to wipe off the wood, promptly follow with dry paper towels.

Step 4: After continuing this process for two or three frets in the span of an hour, realize that your time is too valuable to mess with all that and go on line to order a new neck for your strat.

• Members
Nice catch.

Cant be both.
:cop:

For Christ's sake, don't you people understand literary license? The bacon story is 100% true, but if I had said at the start that it happened a month ago and it no longer stinks, where's the interest? Where's the suspense? What fun would that have been? I knew this was an off the wall thing I did that you'd all have fun with which you did. So shoot me for a little time displacement. But if you put your nose real close to the frets you'll still catch a wiff.

• Members

I like the sound of that....."I gotta gig tonight, I need to bacon up my axe"

future spam thread......."for sale or trade.....1997 American Standard Telecaster. Sunburst finish. Excellent condition, never baconed."

Brilliant:thu:

Archived