I smeared bacon fat on my strat now it stinks

saintdel

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Behold, we have created a new verb : "baconed".

Years from now linguists will trace its origins back to here. Amazing.

You may have just set the record for the number of sigs yoinked from a single thread, from one person :thu:

Congratulations !

BTW, this thread is PRICELESS !!! :D

• Members
Here is a ridiculous story that I promise is 100% true.

I go camping all the time in the winter here in Florida, and I like to sit around the fire and strip bark of dried up vines to make walking sticks out of.

Not so much because I actually use the walking sticks, but just for something to do around the fire when I am not strumming a guitar.

Well, on night, I had just finished what I thought was the perfect specimen of a walking stick, A.K.A. fire stick, because most of them pretty quickly became the token fire poker, and I decided to do something special with this one.

I wanted to give it a nice oil finish sort of as my masterpiece of firesticks.

I realzed I had no cooking oil, or vegetable oil of any kind with me on that trip.

What could I use? Lets see, what have we got....

Green beens.... nope, that wont work,... M&M's, nope, no good there, beer, not wasting that,.....Cheetos,.....

:idea:
CHEETOS!!!

Cheetos have oil in them dont they?

checks bag, YUP!! Says so right on the bag.

By that time the wheels were turning like a freight train, WAY too fast to have any hope of slowing it down.

I took Cheetos, they were the puffy kind by the way, and I rubbed them one at a time all over my masterpiece firestick, crushing the oil out of them and into the stick until I had used up pretty near a whole bag.

The masterpiece was complete.
:thu:

A nice shiny stick with oil enhanced natural figure.

I was unbelivably proud. Like a child who smears fingerpiant in some unidentified form of.... we can call it art for a goof, and shows it to his parents, beaming as if he chanelled Michael Angelo through his four year old body, as the parents say, uh... um.... s..sure, I will hang it in the lobby at my office building.
:freak:

It was simply The best stick I had EVER made, and lo and behold... It smelled good too.
:love:
:love:

Anyway, I get home, we store all our gear in my buddies garage, and one stormy cold night, he left his outdoor dogs in the garage for warmth.

I came over the next day and he said he had some bad news.

His dog....... ATE.... my masterpiece firestick.
:mad:
:mad:

I was crushed.
:cry:

I guess the Cheetos smell was just too overwhelming for Rover(not his real name) to resist.

I havent had the will or desire to make another stick since then.

I know I could never top that one.

True story.

dawn-of-the-dead-head-explosion.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 5 years later...

Archived