I smeared bacon fat on my strat now it stinks

saintdel

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

logo-baconsalt2.gif

Have you tried this? I would like to have something that tastes like bacon, but I don't clogged my arteries anymore than they already are.

To the OP: Did you give up on us? I have not seen a post in a while.

• Members

:lol:
This is hilarious.

I second that emotion. This is the best thread in my short time on here.

Wait, dogs like bacon. Do you have a dog? If so, get him to lick off all the bacon grease. Then you'll need to find something that will remove dog spit.

• Members

I second that emotion. This is the best thread in my short time on here.

Wait, dogs like bacon. Do you have a dog? If so, get him to lick off all the bacon grease. Then you'll need to find something that will remove dog spit.

Cat spit.

• Members

I read one of those old blues guys, Albert King or one of them, liked chicken fat for the same purpose. Go tell him to stick his head in an oven. Ask him what his "boyfriend" uses. 'Course I think he's dead now but whatever. As I see it, I'm just carrying on the grand old tradition of applying animal fat to a strat.

Albert King's playing is worthy of emulation, but if this is accurate, his fretboard maintenance advice is highly suspect.

The Murphy's Oil Wood Soap is the best practical suggestion so far, though it may need a solvent first like lighter fluid.

Archived