Jan 2013 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

Frets99

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Meowy

View Post

Tried and failed:

"Unfortunately, M123 is unable to process this price beat request for two reasons. First, this price is not advertised to the public, one must become a member of HelloMusic in order to see these prices. Second, HelloMusic is not an authorized dealer of Yamaha. M123 will beat the advertised price of any new in-stock item from an authorized dealer. I can offer you a discounted price on this item. Also, below is a link to our price beat guarantee policy and exclusions. "

hello music really shouldn't be PM'd by anyone for the above reasons. anyone complaining about not getting a price-match needs to re-read the price-matching policy of their competitors.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Meowy

View Post

Tried and failed:

"Unfortunately, M123 is unable to process this price beat request for two reasons. First, this price is not advertised to the public, one must become a member of HelloMusic in order to see these prices. Second, HelloMusic is not an authorized dealer of Yamaha. M123 will beat the advertised price of any new in-stock item from an authorized dealer. I can offer you a discounted price on this item. Also, below is a link to our price beat guarantee policy and exclusions. "

hello music really shouldn't be PM'd by anyone for the above reasons. anyone complaining about not getting a price-match needs to re-read the price-matching policy of their competitors.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by monsterbot

View Post

Did the one without chips still have the access for swapping on the bottom or did it just have the battery access? And did you get it exchanged for the correct one?

The units themselves were identical. Just one of them had no extra chips. But like wagdog, I also felt the stock chip was much better than the extras, so I didn't bother exchanging it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by monsterbot

View Post

Did the one without chips still have the access for swapping on the bottom or did it just have the battery access? And did you get it exchanged for the correct one?

The units themselves were identical. Just one of them had no extra chips. But like wagdog, I also felt the stock chip was much better than the extras, so I didn't bother exchanging it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by MikeArta

View Post

Gator Cases - Lightweight Case for Most Single-Cutaway Electric Guitars - Black --

Model: GL-LPS $67.98

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Gator+Ca...away&cp=1&lp=2

This case is $79.99 @ MF & M123

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/acces...ht-guitar-case

I have a PM for a gator abs dreadnought case for $65 ifrom m123 and another from MF.$90 elsewhere. If anyone wants, MSG me

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by MikeArta

View Post

Gator Cases - Lightweight Case for Most Single-Cutaway Electric Guitars - Black --

Model: GL-LPS $67.98

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Gator+Ca...away&cp=1&lp=2

This case is $79.99 @ MF & M123

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/acces...ht-guitar-case

I have a PM for a gator abs dreadnought case for $65 ifrom m123 and another from MF.$90 elsewhere. If anyone wants, MSG me

• Members

• Members

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Drastion

View Post

Really I think I got a good enough deal with those gift certificates to not bother having them take another two hits for shipping in hopes of getting the one I wanted. Its not like they did it on purpose the supplier just changed it withou telling them.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I don't think there is any malice on the part of the M123/MF warehouse. It is probably a screw up at the factory with the wrong bottom plate.

A large part of my interest in the pedal is the fact that you can swap op-amps. M123/MF doesn't seem to have a problem exchanging it, so I'll cross my fingers and see if I get the one I'm after.

Quote Originally Posted by wagdog

View Post

Mine came w/the chips, etc... I tried them all and went with stock jrc chip. I don't think you're missing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by hausmann

View Post

It'll probably be the case, but it'd like to see how it sounds anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dega500

View Post

Mine didn't come with the an extra chip either.

Any chance that the chips are something that may be readily available from an electronics supply house? Any identifying marks or numbers?

The original is the JRC4558 and the two additional chips are the NE5532 chip, which supposed to produce a warmer overdrive tone, and the TL072 which supposed to produce a harder tone. I think that they are are pretty inexpensive. I'm sure there are other compatible ones.

Apparently, you can even stack them together to get different tones.

Edit: Here's a good page with info on different compatible op-amps

http://gretschpages.com/forum/other-...s/35744/page1/

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Drastion

View Post

Really I think I got a good enough deal with those gift certificates to not bother having them take another two hits for shipping in hopes of getting the one I wanted. Its not like they did it on purpose the supplier just changed it withou telling them.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I don't think there is any malice on the part of the M123/MF warehouse. It is probably a screw up at the factory with the wrong bottom plate.

A large part of my interest in the pedal is the fact that you can swap op-amps. M123/MF doesn't seem to have a problem exchanging it, so I'll cross my fingers and see if I get the one I'm after.

Quote Originally Posted by wagdog

View Post

Mine came w/the chips, etc... I tried them all and went with stock jrc chip. I don't think you're missing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by hausmann

View Post

It'll probably be the case, but it'd like to see how it sounds anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dega500

View Post

Mine didn't come with the an extra chip either.

Any chance that the chips are something that may be readily available from an electronics supply house? Any identifying marks or numbers?

The original is the JRC4558 and the two additional chips are the NE5532 chip, which supposed to produce a warmer overdrive tone, and the TL072 which supposed to produce a harder tone. I think that they are are pretty inexpensive. I'm sure there are other compatible ones.

Apparently, you can even stack them together to get different tones.

Edit: Here's a good page with info on different compatible op-amps

http://gretschpages.com/forum/other-...s/35744/page1/

Archived