Jan 2013 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

Frets99

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know this is more about last month's deal, but...

I got the Akai TriMode Overdrive pedal, but no chips and no place to put them even if I did. I actually have two and both only have the battery compartment on the bottom -- no top compartment to swap the chips. Everything else looks right, overdrive graphic on pedal matches the akai website version, trimode switch, even the packaging reads that they can be replaced -- just no compartment to swap the chip.

Anyone else get one like that?

• Members

I got the Akai TriMode Overdrive pedal, but no chips and no place to put them even if I did. I actually have two and both only have the battery compartment on the bottom -- no top compartment to swap the chips. Everything else looks right, overdrive graphic on pedal matches the akai website version, trimode switch, even the packaging reads that they can be replaced -- just no compartment to swap the chip.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by monsterbot

View Post

Yes, quite a few people, if I remember correctly.

• Members

View Post

Yes, quite a few people, if I remember correctly.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by hausmann

View Post

Yes. I ordered 2 of them. One came with chips and one without chips.

Did the one without chips still have the access for swapping on the bottom or did it just have the battery access? And did you get it exchanged for the correct one?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by hausmann

View Post

Yes. I ordered 2 of them. One came with chips and one without chips.

Did the one without chips still have the access for swapping on the bottom or did it just have the battery access? And did you get it exchanged for the correct one?

• Members

View Post

I got one like yours. Overdrive without the second door or chips. Not sure about an exchange. Don't think the warehouse people would be allowed to just start opening boxes. So the one option would be to send it back and hope they happen to send one with chips and door.

Really I think I got a good enough deal with those gift certificates to not bother having them take another two hits for shipping in hopes of getting the one I wanted. Its not like they did it on purpose the supplier just changed it withou telling them.

• Members

View Post

I got one like yours. Overdrive without the second door or chips. Not sure about an exchange. Don't think the warehouse people would be allowed to just start opening boxes. So the one option would be to send it back and hope they happen to send one with chips and door.

Really I think I got a good enough deal with those gift certificates to not bother having them take another two hits for shipping in hopes of getting the one I wanted. Its not like they did it on purpose the supplier just changed it withou telling them.

• Members

Though it would be interesting to see the extent of changes you can get by replacing the op amp.

The original high prices on those Akais were a strange anomaly. I'm not sure MF lost on the reduced prices, there are pedals with similar function selling for similar prices. The unexpected factor was the holiday price match.

• Members

Though it would be interesting to see the extent of changes you can get by replacing the op amp.

The original high prices on those Akais were a strange anomaly. I'm not sure MF lost on the reduced prices, there are pedals with similar function selling for similar prices. The unexpected factor was the holiday price match.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbicus

View Post

I got mine as 'used' at MF for$229. No, they won't match HM (no one will).

MF PM'd Hello Music for my wife when they ran the Pedal Power 2+ in November. I was really surprised to find it under the tree Christmas morning!

• Members

View Post

MF PM'd Hello Music for my wife when they ran the Pedal Power 2+ in November. I was really surprised to find it under the tree Christmas morning!

• Members

View Post

Mine didn't come with the an extra chip either.

Any chance that the chips are something that may be readily available from an electronics supply house? Any identifying marks or numbers?

• Members

View Post

Mine didn't come with the an extra chip either.

Any chance that the chips are something that may be readily available from an electronics supply house? Any identifying marks or numbers?

• Members

View Post

Mine came w/the chips, etc... I tried them all and went with stock jrc chip. I don't think you're missing anything.

• Members

View Post

Mine came w/the chips, etc... I tried them all and went with stock jrc chip. I don't think you're missing anything.

• Members

View Post

Tried and failed:

"Unfortunately, M123 is unable to process this price beat request for two reasons. First, this price is not advertised to the public, one must become a member of HelloMusic in order to see these prices. Second, HelloMusic is not an authorized dealer of Yamaha. M123 will beat the advertised price of any new in-stock item from an authorized dealer. I can offer you a discounted price on this item. Also, below is a link to our price beat guarantee policy and exclusions. "

• Members

View Post

Tried and failed:

"Unfortunately, M123 is unable to process this price beat request for two reasons. First, this price is not advertised to the public, one must become a member of HelloMusic in order to see these prices. Second, HelloMusic is not an authorized dealer of Yamaha. M123 will beat the advertised price of any new in-stock item from an authorized dealer. I can offer you a discounted price on this item. Also, below is a link to our price beat guarantee policy and exclusions. "

Archived