Jan 2013 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

Frets99

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by grickie View Post
How much was the 10 and does MF match?
$225 but sold out about 5 minutes before I was going to use the XMAS25 promo. That was about 10 days ago. Not sure if MF matches HM

FWIW there is a floor model on eBay right now for $224

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by grickie View Post
How much was the 10 and does MF match?
$225 but sold out about 5 minutes before I was going to use the XMAS25 promo. That was about 10 days ago. Not sure if MF matches HM

FWIW there is a floor model on eBay right now for $224

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Yarbicus View Post
I got mine as 'used' at MF for$229. No, they won't match HM (no one will).
If you are talking about Hello Music
I got 2 price Matchs last week from Music123 plus 123% discount and one from MF.
You need to call a few salespeople sometimes,but I never had a problem............JT

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Yarbicus View Post
I got mine as 'used' at MF for$229. No, they won't match HM (no one will).
If you are talking about Hello Music
I got 2 price Matchs last week from Music123 plus 123% discount and one from MF.
You need to call a few salespeople sometimes,but I never had a problem............JT

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt Blue View Post

Under the radar amp that receives much praise, especially for jazz tones.

108483773_lg.jpg
No link. Looks like a good price if the amp is in good condition. It reminds me of my second amp.

re: Monoprice guitars. To me, they look a lot like the SX/Douglas line from Rondo used to look, before they had to change the headstocks. Agile, too, but those have gone way up in price, so I don't even bother with them anymore (gotta keep my rep here). If the name on the headstock bothers you, sand it down and refinish it. Sandpaper, elbow grease, paint/clearcoat and bam, blank headstock. Or get creative and put a custom waterslide on it. If I had any money left, I'd take one for the team. I'm curious if the Strat-type ones have a skunk strip on the neck, and what the specs are on the LP styles.

USED YAMAHA FIFTY 112 COMBO AMP
Guitar Center Oakdale
Oakdale, Minnesota 55128
651-578-0577

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt Blue View Post

Under the radar amp that receives much praise, especially for jazz tones.

108483773_lg.jpg
No link. Looks like a good price if the amp is in good condition. It reminds me of my second amp.

re: Monoprice guitars. To me, they look a lot like the SX/Douglas line from Rondo used to look, before they had to change the headstocks. Agile, too, but those have gone way up in price, so I don't even bother with them anymore (gotta keep my rep here). If the name on the headstock bothers you, sand it down and refinish it. Sandpaper, elbow grease, paint/clearcoat and bam, blank headstock. Or get creative and put a custom waterslide on it. If I had any money left, I'd take one for the team. I'm curious if the Strat-type ones have a skunk strip on the neck, and what the specs are on the LP styles.

Guitar Center Oakdale
Oakdale, Minnesota 55128
651-578-0577

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Sheraton View Post
My wife tells me I need one of these. Do you recommend the Clean, Lead Overdrive or tube Overdrive? I see it has a Gain control. Would that make the Clean version good for edge of breakup tone?
If the Monoprice Clean sounds like the Vox amPlug Twin, this is what it would sound like:
http://www.voxamps.com/us/support/demos/#amplugtwin

You can hear samples of all the other models too (lead, classic rock, etc).

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Sheraton View Post
My wife tells me I need one of these. Do you recommend the Clean, Lead Overdrive or tube Overdrive? I see it has a Gain control. Would that make the Clean version good for edge of breakup tone?
If the Monoprice Clean sounds like the Vox amPlug Twin, this is what it would sound like:
http://www.voxamps.com/us/support/demos/#amplugtwin

You can hear samples of all the other models too (lead, classic rock, etc).

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by katillac View Post

Guitar Center Oakdale
Oakdale, Minnesota 55128
651-578-0577
There are no links, per se, for used gear at GC. Go to GC ---> Used ---> Search "Yamaha" ---> Choose "Guitars" ----> Check "Just Arrived."

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by katillac View Post

Guitar Center Oakdale
Oakdale, Minnesota 55128
651-578-0577
There are no links, per se, for used gear at GC. Go to GC ---> Used ---> Search "Yamaha" ---> Choose "Guitars" ----> Check "Just Arrived."

• Members

Also sold by Monoprice: boom mic stand ($14.94), double pop filter ($8.47), X keyboard stand ($19.77), sheet music stand ($6.62), classic guitar stand ($6.35), PA speaker stands/pair ($48.35), dynamic vocal microphone ($13.65), and large-diaphragm condenser microphone w/ shock mount ($75):

http://www.monoprice.com/products/su...08&cp_id=10854
http://www.monoprice.com/products/su...08&cp_id=10858

6025201.jpg
6026001.jpg
6022201.jpg
6008001.jpg

The double pop filter seems like an especially good deal to me. I bought a similar model from MF for $18 last week and it was the only sub-$20 pop filter that had good reviews. The condenser mic has surprisingly good reviews too.

• Members

Also sold by Monoprice: boom mic stand ($14.94), double pop filter ($8.47), X keyboard stand ($19.77), sheet music stand ($6.62), classic guitar stand ($6.35), PA speaker stands/pair ($48.35), dynamic vocal microphone ($13.65), and large-diaphragm condenser microphone w/ shock mount ($75):

http://www.monoprice.com/products/su...08&cp_id=10854
http://www.monoprice.com/products/su...08&cp_id=10858

6025201.jpg
6026001.jpg
6022201.jpg
6008001.jpg

The double pop filter seems like an especially good deal to me. I bought a similar model from MF for $18 last week and it was the only sub-$20 pop filter that had good reviews. The condenser mic has surprisingly good reviews too.

Archived