The Hamer Squad

Fade2Grey

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I've got a black Hamer Steve Stevens. It was my main gigging guitar back in the '80s-'90s when I still had the energy to drag my ass up on stage! That guitar practically plays itself; it has, by far, the best action I've ever played. Unfortunately, it has developed a crack in the neck, up where the floyd locking nut screws in. I'm deathly afraid the headstock is going to break off! :cry:

• Members

Originally posted by rog951

I've got a black Hamer Steve Stevens. It was my main gigging guitar back in the '80s-'90s when I still had the energy to drag my ass up on stage! That guitar practically plays itself; it has, by far, the best action I've ever played. Unfortunately, it has developed a crack in the neck, up where the floyd locking nut screws in. I'm deathly afraid the headstock is going to break off!
:cry:

I hate you. I've always wanted a Steve Stevens... the original 24.75" scale with the round body.

As for the cracking... I worry about mine too, but when it happens, it happens. It's not that bad of a repair to have done in trusted hands of course.

• Members

Originally posted by ClamBoy

'86 Chaparral in pink.

hamer-full.jpg

Recognize!

:love: :love:

Love that headstock...

Originally posted by rog951

I've got a black Hamer Steve Stevens. It was my main gigging guitar back in the '80s-'90s when I still had the energy to drag my ass up on stage! That guitar practically plays itself; it has, by far, the best action I've ever played. Unfortunately, it has developed a crack in the neck, up where the floyd locking nut screws in. I'm deathly afraid the headstock is going to break off!
:cry:

PIX!!!!

I think it wouldn't be too difficult a repair... I am assuming the head stock is a straight headstock (as opposed to angled ones which give more problems)...

Anyway, those are one of the more 'collectable' Hamers... plus I bet it sounds as sweet as it plays!

Archived