The Hamer Squad

Fade2Grey

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I had an early 90's USA made Daytona in a Sunburst finish with a maple fretboard and pearloid pickguard. It had the Sperzal locking tuners, and Wilkinson tremolo. I sold it back in 2003 to fund another hobby, and I have regreted it ever since.:mad:

I'm always on the lookout for another one though! *hint*:wave:

• Members
The funny thing on Hamer here in Europe is that the new ones are very expensive, but the really early ones are very affordable.

The 4-digit and the 78 sunburst (the bound & crowned) were even brought to my place to test, and I got them for half the going price in the States. Nobody seems to want Hamers over here. Best deal I did was this '81 prototype with sustainblock for 350

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
I personally believe that the Hamer imports are about the best imports on the market, the import I play as my beater is fantastic the pups and workmanship is amazing..

6gdwlkh.jpg

I agree, they just seem more alive acoustically than the average import fare. I had a Korean made SATF that was a fantastic guitar but sold it when I got my US Hamer Special as they cover the same ground basically. Still miss it sometimes.

• Members
How come they don't make USA California models anymore?

I bought mine in 1992 and still use it today.

I know what you mean about the Californian. Their superstrats/shredders are just killer... i mean, look at the spread, Cali, Diablo, Centaura, SS, Vintage S, and the list goes on and on...it's quite sad to see that they don't make them anymore...

I wonder, though, if they'd make it if I custom ordered one from their factory? I know for a fact that they still do custom orders... :thu:

• Members

The SATF arrived last evening. Even prettier than the picture. The new electronics and Schaller locking tuners are installed, just waiting on the Phat Cats. Don't know if it's my imagination or not, but it really feels like the neck on the SATF (one of the earlier ones that says "XT Series") has a more substantial neck than the more recent SATQ. . .

• Members
Hey LadyScary,

I have the sister guitar to your Californian with the bowling ball finish:

a12aa738.jpg

Guitar George

HEY!!! :wave: Actually it's just a standard Cali. I'm told by people in the know that the finish is called iridescent (now if only i could spell it):wave:

You really want to see a bowling ball finish! Check a different thread on this site!!
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=1686412
Neat designs and color combos Not my thing but still unique!:cool:

• Members

Can i add my shreddigham forest?

100_1214.jpg

That's a beautiful shred forest alright!

Now we know where all the Chaps, Diablos and Calis went! :p

Anyway, that one Centaura sure looks lonely there... maybe you should cheer it up by sending it to me... my centaura should keep it company :D

Seriously though, i think i'm in Hamer shred heaven... I don't think i've seen so many Hamer shredders together before! *drools*

So that looks like 16 Hamer Shred-machines! How long have you been having them? Did they cost much? I mean did you buy them new or collected 'pre-loved'?

Do Diabs, Chaps and Calis share the same body shape? I know that the Centaura is a 15/16 size of a strat body. I guess that's why i like it so much...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived