The Hamer Squad

Fade2Grey

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by sitamoia50

NNNNNnnnnnniiiiccccceeee!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those are Beauts. I also see a black Hamer Duotone in the background of your Sunburst picture. Nice Hamer collection you've got .

Those three-holers are IMHO the best original designed guitars Hamer ever made. The combination of the spruce top and that bridge is so great !
hamer2.jpg

• Members

The funny thing on Hamer here in Europe is that the new ones are very expensive, but the really early ones are very affordable.

The 4-digit and the 78 sunburst (the bound & crowned) were even brought to my place to test, and I got them for half the going price in the States. Nobody seems to want Hamers over here. Best deal I did was this '81 prototype with sustainblock for 350

• Members
Originally posted by mmcquain

I just picked up this baby off the 'Bay and so far I've very happy. I have a Korean Hamer V coming next week that matches this one (got a good deal and figured I've balance out things with a matched pair!)...

Here's my "matched pair" of cherryburst Hamers. Sorry that the V shot is so small (I'll take more pics soon):

Hamer_Standard.jpg
HamerV.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by Armitage

Originally posted by conrad

Some of the others :

78 Standard

hamerstandard.jpg

:eek:

You got even armitage amazed! That '78 is just mind-boggling! How did you get it? How much did that '78 cost you?

Originally posted by Brian Krashpad

Bill's definitely the Hamer King round these parts.

BK

Looks like Armitage is about to be de-throned! :D

...my latest : 2006 Redwood

redwood003.jpg
Some of the others :

t-62's

0f1b8284.jpg
Newport Korina

Project1.jpg
Some T-51's

hamerT-51002.jpg

Wow, Conrad... what can be said?

14 of them... You've got almost every Hamer that matters! I'm just amazed! They're so beautiful! :love:

Seriously, conrad, just awe-inspiring... Awesome?

I'm really digging the Redwood too....

Back to gear talk... what's the difference between the T-62 's and the Daytonas? I see that the T-62 has 1 knob and a miniswitch. What do those do? Volume and bridge toggle? Is that the only difference?

Any chance of my buying a T-51 off you? Haha! :D

• Members

The funny thing on Hamer here in Europe is that the new ones are very expensive, but the really early ones are very affordable.

The 4-digit and the 78 sunburst (the bound & crowned) were even brought to my place to test, and I got them for half the going price in the States. Nobody seems to want Hamers over here. Best deal I did was this '81 prototype with sustainblock for 350

• Members
Originally posted by Fade2Grey

You got even armitage amazed! That '78 is just mind-boggling! How did you get it? How much did that '78 cost you?

Back to gear talk... what's the difference between the T-62 's and the Daytonas? I see that the T-62 has 1 knob and a miniswitch. What do those do? Volume and bridge toggle? Is that the only difference?

Any chance of my buying a T-51 off you? Haha! :D

As I am probably the only Hamer collector over here, and I know a lot a musicians, I just got a call from a bluesmusician who had it for a while. I wanted to show me an early Hamer he didn't used a lot (it's not exactly a blues guitar). I took the bait and it was a almost mint Standard #0117. I paid about 2800 $ for it brought at my doorstep. :)

standard007.jpg
standard005.jpg

The T-62 is a design Hamer did in the early '90's. It's a 7/8 guitar, alder body, pau ferro fingerboard, ABM bridge, with a EMG designed pre-amp with equaliser. The toggle activates it so you just can boost the guitar .

Love it !!!

A friend of me (Johnny Moeller) toured with it in Europe, after Delta Airlines didn't let him take his guitars on the plane.
Now he's on the hunt for one too !!!!

guyforsyth019.jpg

The guitar buying crowds didn't picked it up, so there aren't that many on the market....

• Members

As I am probably the only Hamer collector over here, and I know a lot a musicians, I just got a call from a bluesmusician who had it for a while. I wanted to show me an early Hamer he didn't used a lot (it's not exactly a blues guitar). I took the bait and it was a almost mint Standard #0117. I paid about 2800 $ for it brought at my doorstep.
:)

standard007.jpg
standard005.jpg

The T-62 is a design Hamer did in the early '90's. It's a 7/8 guitar, alder body, pau ferro fingerboard, ABM bridge, with a EMG designed pre-amp with equaliser. The toggle activates it so you just can boost the guitar .

Love it !!!

A friend of me (Johnny Moeller) toured with it in Europe, after Delta Airlines didn't let him take his guitars on the plane.

Now he's on the hunt for one too !!!!

guyforsyth019.jpg

The guitar buying crowds didn't picked it up, so there aren't that many on the market....

Wow... sounds really cool... Sigh... this thread is really upping my Hamer GAS.... :D

Anyway, you europeans have it good... here's a result of a quick search on ebay:

81 Hamer Special
Centaura with Maple Fretboard
93 Special
Custom Centaura
Steve Stevens II Another SS

I wish I could afford those 2 Specials right now... :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members

Anyone ever seen one of these before? When I first got I took it to my local guitar place, Lightning Joe's Guiar Heaven, and Joe was just putting away a limted edition (1 of a 1000) Les Paul Custom that he had just finished working on. He plugged in my new, old Hamer and played it for 10 minutes or so.
When he stopped he looked over at me and said, "This has better tone and waaaay more sustain than that Les Paul I just put away."
I'll post the pix linx tonight!

• Members

I love Hamers - have a great pic of 7 ( I think) to post...just can't figure out how. Oh well about half of them are on evil bay right now...just have too many ( says my other half) if they don't sell I'm buying a bigger house so they can have their own room :)

Archived