Your Guitar Bucket List

Bucksstudent

• Members

So far, the real keepers include:

A couple of kickass strats (American and Japanese reissues)

95 Hamer Special Custom

67 Guild Starfire IV

97 Fender Jaguar (CIJ)

Weissenborn Lap Steel

On my list:

A really nice Jazzmaster. Either a vintage one, or an AVRI, or maybe even something custom.

A vintage Fender Mustang or Duo Sonic

An LP Custom, black with nickel hardware

An original Zemaitis Metal Front

Hot Rod '52 Reissue Tele

Danelectro Baritone

A couple more Hamers, maybe a Talledega and a Prototype

Guild M75 Aristocrat

Gretsch Country Gentleman

Gibson J200

Martin 00-28

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd like an orange Brian Setzer Gretsch plus his amps and space echo. Also an earlyish Ibanez George Benson plus a big fhuckoff Gibson jazz guitar.

Oh, and a proper Fender Telecaster. One of them butterscotch blonde jobbies with twangy pickups and a an appropriate reverby Fender valve amp.

I'd just sit and polish them and sit strumming my three chords.

• Members

Interesting how bumping a thread from a few months ago reminds me of how much my taste have changed in such a short time.

Right now the only guitar I'm GASing for is a Jazzmaster. I wish I had not traded mine. This is thanks to my girlfriend buying me a Masami Tsuchiya poster where he has a JM.

• Members

I have a good strat and lp already so I'm adding these to the list:

I'd really like to have a gibson les paul custom with p90's, bigsby, split block inlays, nickel hardware in tobacco burst.  

A fender telecaster custom with bisby in surf green with a maple neck

Since I have seen some amps posted, I also want a green master volume el34 full stack.

• Members

That rounded off Ric in photos above. Prettiest damn things. Maybe a G&L semi hollow Commanche strat would be nice and tasty. Another Reverend, hollow or semi (already have 6 gun). Dobro that would sound good when I played (don't think that one is made yet....), Gibson ES 295... and some fancy pants hollow that is so pretty you are almost afraid to pick it up.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

...If I had money to burn.

Ive become pretty model and brand myopic in my elder age. Been playing now for 22 years and the only guitars that excite me are ibanez. If I became a collector you would see tons of Ibanez head stocks. Older stuff and new.

I'd buy up Rg560, Rg517, rg550, and RG570s and Jems of course. Also I'd look for some of the sweeter S470 guitars as well as some of their higher end acoustics. (I think those guitars would be a good investment, actually) Of course there would be the occasional Strat tele Gibby and PRS, but most of my collecting would be Ibby. Then I would focus on a few really nice Marshal amps and buy up a bevy of pedals. Pedals is where the real OCD would kick in.

Sounds like fun, when do I start??

• Members

Mine is more generic than most peoples and I have a lot of it in the cheaper form anyway.

A 50's Straat (mine is Classic series now)

A 50s LP (mine is epiphone LP NOw)

A p90 guitar (LP JR for £40 now)

A hollow body/semi hollow (not yet)

a Danelectro (not yet again)

And either gibson or Martin acoustic.

Archived