CONN C Series Les Paul copy

fuzztone

• Members

This is a guitar I got at a local store last week for $200. It's a CONN CSE-4V made in 1980.It's a nice guitar,the bridge pickup is a DiMarzio Dual Sound. The mini switch changes wiring from series to parallel. The tailpiece is a Shaller.

1980 CONN ad

CONN ad

DSCF7493.JPG

DSCF7515.JPG

DSCF7518.JPG

DSCF7502.JPG

DSCF7501.JPG

DSCF7600.JPG

DSCF7608.JPG

• Members

Thanks for the posts! I guess the Bridge pickup must be a Superdistortion. THe mini switch toggles between series and parellel wiring (not in and out of phase).

This is some  info about CONN electric guitarsfrom this webpage

http://theguitarmedic.sharepoint.com/Pages/ConnElectricGuitars.aspx

"CONN ELECTRIC GUITARS BRIEF HISTORY

Conn electric guitars may have only been made in 1980. This short run of electrics followed Conn's departure from making acoustic guitars from 1969 through 1978. It is thought that the attempt to enter the booming electric guitar market was a "last hurrah" attempt to capture some the market in the burgeoning electric guitar sales of the 70's and 80's. However, it was probably too little too late since many other manufacturers, who had seen the opportunity much earlier on, had already captured the loyalty of followers for their brands (examples, "big brands" Fender, Gibson, Washburn, etc). The quality of the electric guitars in the Conn line was rather good. Both quality and price were competitive with that of the big brands, but sales were too low for this essentially "introductory" line of guitars, so the project was scrapped.

This is all of the historical information that is currently known about G.C. Conn company's line of electric guitars. However, as new information is discovered, it will be included here.

G.C.Conn also had spinoff electric guitar brands which may have even continued on after the actual CONN brand was dropped. These spinoff brands--which may have actually become independent--are not not the subject of this web site (spinoffs include the brands "Continental" and "Drifter" and possibly others)."

DSCF7451.JPG

• 6 years later...
  • Members

I have a CSE-4 Conn LP copy  (Black).

Awesome guitar !!

Really good shape with minor repairs and nicks

Bought it twice for 200 bucks each time. 

Bought it for my daughter with the understanding that if she ever decided to sell it, she would have to sell it to me.

Mine now

Archived