Yamaha buys Line 6

sammyreynolds01

• Members

As someone who jumped on the Line 6 bandwagon early, this is good news. Over time, I felt that software modellers like Amplitube and Guitar Rig were more 'amplike' than my Line 6 pods and even Amp Farm software. The Yamaha THR modelling is pretty damn good also. To be fair, I've steered clear of Line 6 in recent years due to the other products I've mentioned; todays' HD product is highly regarded. It will be interesting to see if there's a hybrid THR/ Line 6 amp in the future. To date, nothing I've encountered is like my Kemper Profiler for authenticity/inspiration.

• Members

The Yamaha DG amps were great - I still use a DG80-112 as my main amp - so it will be interesting to see what comes out of this merger.

I first got interested in modelers when I discovered AmpFarm after hauling 100lbs of Twin Reverb around but I found the Flextone didn't do it live - I was disappointed until a friend turned me on to the Yamaha line.

• Members

What kind of dog is that? Iove dogs!

I would be surprised to learn that Line 6 is in financial trouble, but they could have made other decisions that have hurt them. I imagine it could go further than the sale of Pods. All that said, I like Pods quite a bit, and I'm interested in their JTV line.

• Members

And anyone who liked the pod or their early amps likely upgraded as new versions came out. I'm guessing you're just making baseless claims, Visconti. I'm not a fan of most of their products, but I doubt Yamaha would have bought them if they weren't profitable. After buying Steinberg, it's clear they're looking to compete with AVID in the digital recording/music-making market. An acquisition like Line 6 will help them to that end.

Archived