Electric Guitars: Rules and Discussion

The Eristic

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Eep. I mentioned an name didn't I? Oh well, I'll leave it. I think it goes to taking responsibility for one's actions.

I'm reminded of a saying about mountains and molehills -- either way, I don't reckon either of us are going to change our view much here -- I just hope it doesn't get to the point where you feel you should stop posting here or anything

after all, there is a new jam starting tomorrow
;)

Yeah I know. I haven't had a day off since the last time I participated. I really liked the CGord BT but haven't listened to anyone's tracks yet.

I'm not trying to change anyone's view here. In fact, I agree with the new clean up. I work at Disney and even some of those cleavage NGD pics push the envelope of what is acceptable in my work place. That said, It is common to post funny pictures around here and the picture I posted on this forum wouldn't have raised an eyebrow.

My other option is to only post picture of wood, metal and plastic. I would like to participate in any humorous threads that may involve questionable pictures and so I seek understanding. A molehill becomes a mountain when taken out of context. In the scheme of things, this is not that important to me.

• Members

I like ya too bud'. You have a rare clarity of vision.

Okay, this might take a bit of explaining. My apologies if it gets long.

My IQ is very high. I don't like to mention it but it largely defines who I am and it will become applicable in a moment.

It's not really a battle. I'm not fighting for the right to post offensive pictures. I'm not challenging their authority. I posted a picture that offended Mazi. I have no desire to offend him again. That would be unethical. To fullfill my ethical duties, I need a clearer understanding of what I may or may not post. I made every effort to define what is acceptable before posting the picture and still {censored}ed up.

For a man with your great powers of intelligence, you should have realized long ago that you are over analyzing this and blowing it way out of proportion. There is such a thing that is separate from measurable IQ, it is called common sense. That is all I'm asking people to use.

• Members
For a man with your great powers of intelligence, you should have realized long ago that you are over analyzing this and blowing it way out of proportion. There is such a thing that is separate from measurable IQ, it is called common sense. That is all I'm asking people to use.

So perfectly concise I have no valid compulsion but to refrain from sullying this overlong conversation with further, and inevitably redundant, verbosity. :wave:

• Members

I folded on the other thread. The reason I picked it up here is because Eristic alluded to a zero tolerance attitude. You can't have vagueness and zero tolerance. One has to go.

Yep, I'm way over analyzing this. It is my nature, kinda like a disability. Let's put this to bed shall we. All you did was remove the picture using your best judgement, it's not like I was banned. I guess the picture fell into a grey area of what is acceptable and it's better to err on the side of caution. As for my part, it's not really going to kill me if I can't post pictures that may or may not be acceptable. Common sense it is then.

Nippless in Burbank - signing off.

• Members

My original NGD photo was removed.

No nipples were visible.

I have a theory that she was too beautiful for this world.

Being a moderator can become a major pain in the ass.

It's like being an official in pro sports. You get a lot of hate.

I wouldn't accept the job.

It's not too difficult to stay in bounds.

There are more important battles than the nudity guidelines of HCEG

• Members

What is considered acceptable here is not determined by what is generally accepted by society, but by one individual's sensibilities.

Well, if you put it that way; TV is regulated by the FCC in America. That's not really different from this forum and Mazi.

Mazi (like the FCC) determine its guidelines by what *they* think should be the standards, who they should warn/ban(/fine) and if Mazi isn't getting boatloads of angry e-mails and PMs because of offensive material other members have posted; then it should be fine right?

Is there a suggestion forum or is there only a complaint forum :o

At another forum - one of the admins actually added a "warning" tag where the contents within the tag would be hidden if posting such "grey-area" material exists. And of course, there was a big announcement regarding how if you decide to open the warning tag; the mods/admins are not liable for anything and should be used for "grey-area" material and does not mean they can post and use the warning-tag to post obviously-objectional-material.

• Members

At another forum - one of the admins actually added a "warning" tag where the contents within the tag would be hidden if posting such "grey-area" material exists. And of course, there was a big announcement regarding how if you decide to open the warning tag; the mods/admins are not liable for anything and should be used for "grey-area" material and does not mean they can post and use the warning-tag to post obviously-objectional-material.

An excellent idea.

• Members

Out of the many forums I have belonged to the past 10 years HC seems to go off topic the most. It sucks to go to an Amp forum and see topics like "I took a massive dump today" or "check out my GF"

I like the mix in this place. Looking at the current threads, they are all on topic but it's not uncommon that one pops up that is clearly OT but makes everyone laugh. It's usually obvious which threads those are if one cares to avoid them.

• Members

Go away, little boy. Complain about other people's work when you know what work is.

Ive been working as a mechanic since i was 12, took off my first transmission when i was 13, and put it back, all by myself, was paid nothing, i still work as a mechanic however now I get paid 10 an hour and I still work by myself(although for my dad) And my usual hours are from 10 till 9...does that count as work? I also work 6 days a week though only from 10 till 3 on saturday...but anyways...Thats just me,

Rock on!

~Wendell~

BTW...I like boobies...Thats why I grew my own ;-):thu:

• Members

Unfortunately, that's about as good as it gets because at 40 you will look back wistfully on your years of youth and wish you could go back in time. :cry:

Trust me, at 26 you will look back and laugh at 17. Then you will cringe. Then you will feel a strong urge to vomit...

:D

21. See post on 17.

• Members

Look at mine! The barely get over my head!
:wave:

I've come to the conclusion that the "Your arms are too short to box with God." theory is mathematically flawed (I know, I'm over analyzing again).

First, it admits defeat. Surely the worst possible outcome. Secondly, it presupposes that your opponent is a Supreme Being. Given these parameters, there are 3 other possibilities. The odds of you winning are actually 50/50. It also precludes yet another possibility, that the two sides can reach mutual agreement and understanding. Surely, the best of all possible outcomes.

• Members

Ive been working as a mechanic since i was 12, took off my first transmission when i was 13, and put it back, all by myself, was paid nothing, i still work as a mechanic however now I get paid 10 an hour and I still work by myself(although for my dad) And my usual hours are from 10 till 9...does that count as work?

Well, that's not a bad start. Now do it for 20 more years while supporting five people. Then we'll talk some more.

;)

• Members

You guys have to tone it down. Read the rules. You cannot post sexually explicit photos on this forum. This means no nipples, no thongs, etc. If you wouldn't see in during a commercial on primetime network TV, then you shouldn't be seeing it, or posting it here either.

I just banned two guys for posting two huge photos with full on nipplage in a NGD thread.

This will not be tolerated. This forum is viewed by folks at work, at home, and their bosses or wives or kids could walk by at any moment and see these things.

-MB

Remember, all of you agreed to a Terms Of Use when you registered as a member here.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/faq.php

• Content Posted on the Site.

• You understand and agree that HC or its agents may review and delete any content, messages, photos or profiles (collectively, "Content") that in the sole judgment of HC or its agents violates this Agreement or which might be offensive, illegal, that might violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of Members or in any way be deemed unsuitable by HC.

Thanks Mazi. I enjoy nipples, but the pics were getting out of hand. :thu:

• Members

Hello, everyone! Is this where I go to complain about photos of breasts and nipples? I feel strongly that.. OWWW! GAARRGH! That hurt! Why are you hitting me? Damn! Ok, ok -- I'm going. Jeez, you coulda just said STFU or something.

btw, I changed my name yesterday. I am now guitarNed.

Archived