Electric Guitars: Rules and Discussion

The Eristic

• Members

I truely wish something could be done about all those Off Topic threads. There seems to be more of them than on topic ones and in turn that makes people not take this board seriously. Can't they be moved to an all-sorts sub-forum or other and should the members persist in posting in the wrong sub-forum they'd be given an infraction of sorts? I may have missed someting but hot women, dishes of food, riots, fishing... fisting (!) only to mention a few, was NOT guitar amplifier related last time I looked and therefore should not be posted in the Amp sub-forum. Even a child of five would tell you that. Why would we be any less intellecturus? Just asking... :)

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I truely wish something could be done about all those Off Topic threads. There seems to be more of them than on topic ones and in turn that makes people not take this board seriously. Can't they be moved to an all-sorts sub-forum or other and should the members persist in posting in the wrong sub-forum they'd be given an infraction of sorts? I may have missed someting but hot women, dishes of food, riots, fishing... fisting (!) only to mention a few, was NOT guitar amplifier related last time I looked and therefore should not be posted in the Amp sub-forum. Even a child of five would tell you that. Why would we be any less intellecturus? Just asking...
:)

1. Read Davearanow excellant post at the top of this page.

2. Do you actually know what forum you are on?

• 6 months later...
  • Members
One of the reasons I hang out here is because it *IS* moderated.

I agree, and think this should be the case with the entire Accapella HC forum. On one sub forum on here at some point closer to 40% were off-topic. There are, I believe, general forums on here as well and such posts have their appropriate place there.

• Members

1. Read Davearanow excellant post at the top of this page.

2. Do you actually know what forum you are on?

1. Well, there is a time and a place for everything, don't you agree? The hard part with allowing only a few OT threads is where to draw the line, and I do hope we're on consensus on that.

2. Yes I think I do, but I don't see what that would have to do with the price of eggs. Be a dear and repeat the question slowly, please.

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Members

Any guitar is fine for metal if you've got a good overdrive pedal. It also depends on the genre of metal you're talking about. Early bands like Black Sabbath and Deep Purple had really deep, blues inflected styles that will sound just fine through a crunchy distortion pedal and a hollow body electric. Speed metal? Not so much, the sound there tends towards the twangier, but there's no one saying that you can't be an innovator.

Honestly if you want a guitar that will restrict your tonal possibilities the least, I'd be tempted to suggest a Fender Stratocaster. Or a Sqier Strat if you want to save some cash. A Gibson Les Paul is another instrument with a really wide range of possibilities attached to it.

As far as catching a deal on a semi-hollow electric, I think you're mistaken there. The fact that they're less popular makes them a niche item, and means that stores will carry fewer of them and mark them up higher because they tend to sit in inventory longer, and inventory costs money to keep.

Honestly, I think you probably want to go with a Strat.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Well women can start directly on electric. i teach all my students on electric because of the ease of playing and the fact that ladies have less strengthinthe fingers. Classical guitar has a harder action even though they use nylon strings.

• 1 month later...

Archived