Electric Guitars: Rules and Discussion

The Eristic

• Members

can you please ban these pathetic BLS zakk wylde wannabees who are threatening forum members?

excert below from the "new zakk forum" threa.

Hey HOLLOWBOX!, I am the guy you are refering too, I think you left a bunch of {censored} out, You were about to get your ass kicked off the forum and then appoligized to everyone, WOuld you like to see screen shots of this {censored}???I think I will post them here and the other places you go to rave... BTW, You are still a little punk burger flipper living in a 1968 trailer w/ a kid If I remeber you right??? Then you started crying how you loved your kid and wife, because I told you GOOD THING, You won't find much love here.. You are so stupid, DO you lie about everything???? DUDE, You don't have to lie to have friends... OR MAYBE YOU do...lol BTW, I am going to buy the CVS you work out of and move you from sweeping floors to picking up cigarette Butts out of the parking lots...LOL LOSER!!! Maybe you can shine the SDMF'er Shoes while your "DOWN THERE"..lol

Small World DOuchebag.. BTW, I hacked your machine..lol I know way more about you now.. Thanks for the IP Asswipe..tee hee, Maybe I'll SDMF your screensaver for ya!...TIll then....SDMF FOR LIFE!! Just like the toothfairy, I came while you were asleep!...

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Originally posted by goblinsolutions

can you please ban these pathetic BLS zakk wylde wannabees who are threatening forum members?

Just banned him. I'll see if we can't get him reported to the FBI. He's located in MN (not the Philippines like he said in the thread), so he's under their jurisdiction. :idea:

• Members

Originally posted by guitarNed

Hi, everyone. I don't have time to read the rules. I just want to know if it's ok for me to use the "F" word. Also, is it ok for me to tell certain participants that they are awful people, and list their shortcomings? Thanks!

F*CK! (FiretrUCK!) People that use such words are awful, and have shortcomings.

• Members

Originally posted by jerry_picker

F*CK! (FiretrUCK!) People that use such words are awful, and have shortcomings.

Shortcomings of jerry_picker:

1) Drops guitar pick 3-7 times per night. Sometimes drops guitar pick into body of acoustic, through sound hole, and stops the show while he waggles the guitar upside down, trying to make it fall out. Never has spare pick.

2) Has flat spot on tuning machine of G string. His guitar is always flat or sharp on the G string. Will not get it fixed or adjusted. Has stopped hearing the problem. Uses "F" word when customers complain to bar owner.

3) Goes thru elaborate "HOW WE DOING TONIGHT?" routine after EVERY break. Always screams "I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" after each "HOW WE DOING TONIGHT?" Is oblivious to audience hostility. Uses "F" word when customers complain to bar owner.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

We've seen a number of threads regarding who should be banned and who should not and why. I somehow wish we all could mind our own business while on here. I also urge the moderators not to warble in their judgement and a banning should be a banning if that's the conclusion they have reached.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Hi there. I don't see a place for suggestions, so I'm gonna dump my suggestion in this thread.

You have upgraded the HC Reviews section. That's fine -- it was needed. Good job.

Since you are all in an upgrading mood, (I am speaking of HC higher-ups, whoever they are) I want you to upgrade the actual forum software.

As you must know, this software is ancient. In Internet years (which are worse than dog years, by far) this software (vbulletin v2.2.6) is 107 years old. That would be 1899, and they hadn't even invented computers. There were no electric guitars. I don't even think there were electric basses. In fact, there was no rock & roll. There was barely electricity!

The current version of vbulletin is 3.5.4. We need an upgrade here at HC. Don't like vbulletin much? Not a problem. Get something else, then -- there are many choices.

EXAMPLE OF WHY WE NEED AN UPGRADE: right now, vbulletin 2.2.6 will not allow linking to an individual message in a thread. I am not kidding. I have spoken to mods here, (who tried hard to help me) researched it, blah blah. It can't be done. If you doubt me, try it yourself. You can link to the PAGE that contains a target message, but the page will contain all other messages that share the page. Hardly the same thing as a genuine message link.

Ok? You are Musicians Friend, now, so this shouldn't be a problem for you. Pleazse don't delay. I'd hate to be forced to buy my next Telecaster from Music123 or Zzounds. So don't make me do that. Thx!

• Members

Originally posted by The Eristic

AfaIk, admin is planning on an upgrade fairly soon. I wish they'd get on with it, too, because it would make being a so-called "Super Mod" a lot easier.

That's wonderful news.

As I know you know, I help operate a gaming web site that installed forums a year or so ago. We paid for the software and the company actually came (over the Internet) and installed the software on our dedicated server.

The point is that the cost, for the purchase of software and professional installation and post-sale support, was in the hundreds of dollars, not thousands of dollars. We comparison shopped carefully, and we did not try to buy the cheapest product -- we went for the product with a good feature set, excellent "usability" for both ourselves and our user base, and responsive customer support people. We think we got it -- and the price, as I said, was not in the thousands.

SO! So -- tell those Musicians Friend heros to start living large. A phone call, a check, and the job should be done. The advantage of upgrading with the same software, obviously, is that the staff learning curve (that's you, The Eristic) will be easier.

Let's hear it. Three Cheers for Musicians Friend, the most reliable, satisfying musical equipment vendor on the Internet. Hip, hip -- HOORAY. Hip, hip -- HOORAY. Hip, hip -- HOORAAAAAAAAY.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

HC was down for scheduled maintenance tonight. When I logged back on just now, the first thing I did was jump to the bottom of the page -- to check the version number of the software. I was excited, I thought, "hey, this could be IT!"

Sigh. Still version 2.2.6.

• Members
Originally posted by guitarNed

HC was down for scheduled maintenance tonight. When I logged back on just now, the first thing I did was jump to the bottom of the page -- to check the version number of the software. I was excited, I thought, "hey, this could be IT!"

Sigh. Still version 2.2.6.

+1 :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived