which affordable E-drum would you pick and why?

Jkater

• Members

Not having played any of these, and not knowing what the on-board sound quality is, the LAST one I'd pick is the Roland, based on that 'all-in-one' stand configuration alone.

Sure, I bet it's real convenient and a great space saver, etc.

Until a piece breaks/goes missing. Plus, those pedals look like garbage.

The Yamaha looks like it's the sturdiest/best built, IMO.

• Members

If you are stuck to the three above, I'd probably have to go Yamaha, because they are the most consistent. (I've played on all 3)

If you have about $1K in your pocket for a kit (which is about where all those are priced new) I'd hit up CL or eBay and look for a TD8 or above Roland kit. I picked up a TD10 kit last month for $1100 with the CY type cymbals!!

• Members

Not having played any of these, and not knowing what the on-board sound quality is, the LAST one I'd pick is the Roland, based on that 'all-in-one' stand configuration alone.

Sure, I bet it's real convenient and a great space saver, etc.

Until a piece breaks/goes missing. Plus, those pedals look like garbage.

The Yamaha looks like it's the sturdiest/best built, IMO.

You really think buying a used set would be a good idea?? I mean, I know these are made for durability and all.. but my dad had a yamaha set that eventually had mis{censored}s, developed connection problems w/the pieces, etc...

• Members

yamaha,,,,,the other two are a toss up for second and third. I played a alesis dm6 last night and things were falling apart everywhere and miss triggering every other note. the thing is the same as a simmons cheapy, same pads and cymbals triggers.

• Members

You really think buying a used set would be a good idea?? I mean, I know these are made for durability and all.. but my dad had a yamaha set that eventually had mis{censored}s, developed connection problems w/the pieces, etc...

Que?

:confused:

I didn't say nothin' 'bout used...I think you meant to quote someone else.

• Members

Would I buy used....absolutely! I WOULD NOT buy one of the rubber pad type kits, but a mesh head kit, any day, especially Roland. The reason I say that is because they are easily repaired if you do have a problem with them!

Archived