Reggae is boring.

1001gear

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I find it odd that all these dad rockers playing in AC/DC cover bands at the local bar are calling reggae boring

loljk

• Members

Not boring...funky. Some standard stuff is mundane, but the under currents are pretty cool. And when you really twist it around and turn it into something completely different like Stewart Copeland did, it's pretty amazing. Just depends on the group I thinkl Earth Wind and Fire even did some of the early on...

• Members

Bob Marley's a given. Actual tunes and all.

That's exactly what I'm saying...anybody who says the genre can't/doesn't move them, or that it's all boring...I don't know how you could listen to that album and think so.

• Members

I don't listen to a lot of reggae but I definitely wouldn't say it's boring. It is interesting in that all the "rules" are totally bassackwards from Rock or most other Western Music. No emphasis on 1. The upbeat gets the emphasis. Instead of the big ONE, you got the big FOUR.

• Members

My prescription for you is Bob Marley - Legend

That's an album full of gold.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. A stoner friend once handed me some headphones with Marley playing; he was telling me how incredible it was, how it would change my world, etc., etc. I just didn't find it moving. Not bad, just...not my cup of tea

• Members

...The boring stuff is those rastafied hippies on 2 chords and the complaint of the month.

You've just described "Jawaiian" music. Can't stand the stuff, but it's everywhere. Kill me now.

Marley, yes. Jawaiian, no.

• Members

I voted yes because reggae is boring.....boring a hole into my soul and immediately filling that hole with a chocolaty nougat of awesomeness.

Sure hope I'm not the only fan here of the old Treasure Island dance hall stuff.

Tell ya what: sunny day, ghetto blaster with reggae (TI various artist stuff in particular) disc, some of my patented homemade White Trash Wine Coolers, BBQ, a few peripheral materials and I am one happy camper!

Archived