Pictures of me!

JMR

• Members

pics of the Sonors in action!

borrowing my friend's cymbals - 14" quick beats (too thick for my tastes), 18" AAXplosion, and 21" armand (love this so much).

384211_324020910942433_100000035809226_1

386471_324020284275829_100000035809226_1

374350_324019034275954_100000035809226_1

392164_324016294276228_100000035809226_1

show #3. I really prefer playing on the ground. Let's people get really close and I feel a lot more comfortable. Stages make me nervous and make me feel detached from the music.

• Members

we've got a split 7" with our friends Coma Regalia forthcoming. Don't know if many people in the drum section of HC will dig it. Kinda Post-Punk, Post-Hardcore stuff. Screamy, loud, feedback-y, but melodic. A lot of fast 3/4 time sig stuff. We'er acutally doing pretty well for how fresh we are, we've found our stuff posted on a few blogs and forums from other regions of the country.

• Members

yeah. We also don't play very long. Only about 13-15 minutes, very little talking. I hate bands that talk too much, unless they actually have something interesting to say (which usually they don't). With long sets... I don't know, I just don't like playing long sets because then I have to conserve energy. I like for our sets to be short, loud, and to the point.

• Members

13-15 minutes?

The years-dormant younger hardcore self inside me says "If you can't burn fast and hard at max levels for at least an hour, you need to man up".

Then again, the quickly nearing 42 year-old present day me who currently plays 3 sets a gig in my primary band, and who is just a couple weeks away from an annual benefit show I help put on where I will spend 5-6 hours ahead of show time production managing the gig before playing somewhere between 2 & 2 1/2 hours of music by the Clash, leaning heavily on their early (punk rock) catalog, straight through, says the same thing...

• Members

might be a bit harsh, but {censored} the clash. Wipers, Black Flag, Husker Du, etc. That's where it's at. I don't know what music scenes every one here is involved here, but with the bands I play with and/or go to see, it's about 30 minutes max set.

• Members

I always imagined you looking more like your avatar.

But damn. 13-15 minutes would be enough to MAYBE play two songs with Leaves Russell. But then again, I wouldn't want to hear any more than 15 minutes of a hardcore punk band. :lol: I keed, I keed.

• Members

I never want to play less than the time it takes to setup. Back when I did punk shows we rarely played less than an hour, unless it was one of those ridiculous 7 band bill {censored}. If it was a house party we'd often play 2-3 hours. I miss playing hard and fast like that, but I think we might have a reunion in a few months.

• Members

I don't know what music scenes every one here is involved here, but with the bands I play with and/or go to see, it's about 30 minutes max set.

Yeah, that's par for the course for a certain demo of bands and audiences. I expect that within a few years of playing, you'll grow to want a bit more out of shows, as will your audience.

• Members

Don't get me wrong, when I went to see Crosby, Stills, & Nash, I'm glad they played for 2-3ish hours. When I go to see the city's Symphony Orchestra, same deal. When Dr. Manhattan does their crazy dance punk, that 15 minute encore jam works. Really depends on the type of music. When it's fast, exceedingly sad/angry stuff, it just doesn't work for super long sets.

Also, my band doesn't even have an hour worth of music written.... not even a half hour.

[video=youtube;orC5o2OJ69I]

for example, this is one of my favorite guitar players. His parts are bare-bones, stripped-down, raw stuff 99% of the time. But his music, no matter which one of his bands it is, is some of the most emotive guitar playing I've ever heard. Complete with Misfits cover at the end.

(by the way, that is real screamo. not that scene-kid bull{censored} you hear.)

• Members

i'm with ya on that. different music, but dillenger escape plan's "irony is a dead scene," is one of the best cds i've ever heard. mike patton sings/screams on that one. it whispers and punches you in the face. 4 songs short, including a cover of aphex twins' "come to daddy."

there's alot to be said for {censored}tin' an' gittin'.

• Members

When it's fast, exceedingly sad/angry stuff, it just doesn't work for super long sets.

(by the way, that is
real
screamo. not that scene-kid bull{censored} you hear.)

1) That's horse{censored}. Believe me, I know all about uber fast, sad/angry music. I made the first several years of my playing off of it. If the QUALITY of the music is at/above a certain level, and the band can deliver, it works, and an audience will eat it up.

2) Glad you clarified that was REAL screamo. I was afraid it was some of that fake, non 'real' stuff...

:facepalm:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Marital Roles.

we have a bandcamp maritalroles.bandcamp.com

All our digital stuff is free. The split we're doing is a bit better quality, but that wont be around til February. Has to be pressed and all that jazz. Don't know if it's the kinda stuff you dudes would dig, but you never know!

• Members

1) That's horse{censored}. Believe me, I know all about uber fast, sad/angry music. I made the first several years of my playing off of it. If the QUALITY of the music is at/above a certain level, and the band can deliver, it works, and an audience will eat it up.

2) Glad you clarified that was
REAL
screamo. I was afraid it was some of that fake, non 'real' stuff...

:facepalm:

Thanks for the positive attitude and open mind.

Archived