This place has turned into a piss poor forum of self righteous sumbitchez

• Members

who take themselves way to goddamn seriously

And at this point I really don't give a flying {censored} if you think I'm trolling. I don't care if you think I'm being negative. Many of you can't stand to have a dissenting voice in this place.

Man...just {censored} it

fuck-this-shit.jpg

• Members

Once you put a few people on "ignore user," it ain't such a bad place. :)

Quite honestly, just ignore the riff raff and bump up the good threads. I've been coming here for years and this forum always has ups and downs in waves.

• Members

ehhh... (or meh - who says that anyway?) Gets boring , I still work on my drums. People don't talk my kinda music, I go work on my kinda music. I try to post daily regardless. I'd love to shut down people selling kitch but hey...

Ignore me; your loss.

• Members

tis what it tis.....lost a lot of good peeps when they tried the screwed up site change. Its not just here, almost every section has slowed down. If you drum ....find, add, start new threads...everyones got an opinion...tis what it tis. Its the interwebs....not to be confused with real life....:)

• Members

It's just the way it goes on internet forums. You got some people who want to discuss the common topic and others who have fun just stirring things up.

The problem is really as old as email at least. You got people in their home or office with the door closed and feel brave and all. They and do things they would never ever ever say in public to another person. Shoot, I've even done it a few times myself.

I heard Rachel Madow say once that there's a rule of internet forums. The longer a thread goes, the greater the chance is someone will be compared to Hitler! Too true.

• Members

It's just the way it goes on internet forums. You got some people who want to discuss the common topic and others who have fun just stirring things up.

The problem is really as old as
email
at least. You got people in their home or office with the door closed and feel brave and all. They and do things they would never ever ever say in public to another person. Shoot, I've even done it a few times myself.

I heard Rachel Madow say once that there's a rule of internet forums. The longer a thread goes, the greater the chance is someone will be compared to Hitler! Too true.

Both of you hit the nail on head. Well said.

• Members

Google Godwin's law.

• Members

no one answered my question:

GC Sale: Mapex Steel Piccolo Snare Drum 13X3.5 vs. Pearl VPX Snare Drum Ivory 14x5.5 :(

decided to buy the Mapex for 39 and a nice roadrunner bag that cost as much as the drum!

been having fun bangin' away.

• Members

This is a drum forum...realistically, how much "shop talk" can one have on drums?

Rather than bitch about it, contribute, or, just as easily, don't...bitching about it does nothing to fix the problem you perceive.

I wanna say some thing like 'Of your last five threads, four were outright bitching and the fifth was complaining about something' ...

• Members

I disagree! I enjoy the cantankerous bastards around here. Also the nice folks.

This forum has the highest concentration of pleasant Texans I've ever seen.

back in 06 this place was a lot of fun. its different now, and not as fun, but whatever. Sometimes the old folks pop in and it's a treat.

Somebody go bump a Cheeseadiddle thread.

• Members

Agreed...this place has changed a bit, but who among us hasnt over the years? I tend to flit in and out over time, eventually getting tired of the meanspiritedness, but soon missing the good guys like Fitch, DW, Manoeveur, 1001, etc.

Its nice to come and go, and ignore the crap you dont like.

Stick around a bit longer.

Archived