The drum forum random thought thread.

Stark

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

People are so {censored}ing retarded. Play with traditional grip on a kit all you want, but don't make up your own BS brand of logic to justify your irrationality or claim that it's more "efficient" than matched.

Yes, I was just drawn into a youtube argument.

• Members

I like this thread! I love summer but it seems that I can mow and trim my yard and within two days, you see it growing back! Don't get me started on the pool! Anyway, I went to Lowe's the other day for a few things for the mowers and some pool chlorine tablets (small) was over a $100! Tonight it dawned on me how much Troy-Bilt, Champion, Briggs and Straton and Lowes must be making off everybody just so we can mow our yards.

Then I think, how in the hell did they mow in the olden days? I know they had the push mowers (as in no motor, but you pushed to turn the blades mowers) But like what about victoria times and the dark ages, ever notice there was never an old photo or drawing of a castle with overgrown weeds and such?? I guess was maybe like some show I saw where prisoners in Asia would use scissors and actually "clip" the grass or such.

I know there was a "Modern Marvels" show about this that would answer my questions abou this.

• Members

A friend of mine said that everyone in Bali used scissors to cut the lawns , but he also said there weren't many lawns and that the lawns that were there tended to be smaller.

There is an organization out there called food not lawns , all about growing food on your lawn instead of grass , it's a pretty good idea.

Archived