The drum forum random thought thread.

Stark

• Members

Post all the random things here that pop into your head, but don't really warrant their own thread!

I think Johnny Raab is completely overrated. I dunno why, that was just on my mind. Seriously, dude, you can do a sick one-hand roll. We get it.

I can see how one could get that impression, but I saw him do a drum clinic in 2002 or so and he was awesome. It was a small drum shop in vermont and I got to see him up close and personal. He can do it all. Really nice guy too, my friend and I talked to him for about 20 minutes.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Also , I also find Mr. Raab overrated.

Also , Weckl can do a mean one handed rimless roll....I saw him do a clinic years ago and he lost his place in a sentence , froze for about half a second , then played a crazy smooth buzz roll w/ one hand , no rim rocking , just one buzz that never ended. He thought about what he was going to say then stopped rolling and went on to make a second attempt at his sentence.

Also , my dog has fleas......might have got them from my guitarist's ex. (honestly)

In Raab's defense, he does do it VERY well. It's just that he's a one-trick pony, IMO.

Also, a clean, one-hand, rimless buzz roll is insane. +rep for weckl, I never really liked him.

• Members

I can see how one could get that impression, but I saw him do a drum clinic in 2002 or so and he was awesome. It was a small drum shop in vermont and I got to see him up close and personal. He can do it all. Really nice guy too, my friend and I talked to him for about 20 minutes.

I'm sure he's an extremely capable drummer, and he does look like a nice guy, but when I look at awesome, AAA drummers, he doesn't really stand out.

I should add that I'm a big fan of Lang.

• Members

I failed my driving test today. I had to take it in my dad's extended cab F-150; I've never driven anything bigger than a corolla. I told the lady that I didn't think the truck would fit in the parallel parking spot (24 ft truck, maybe 26 foot space), but she insisted, and I managed to get it 95% percent of the way in before she stopped me and wrote, "CANNOT PARALLEL PARK," on my form.

*sigh*

• Members

Pull up to the front cars rear bumper at the back of the cab, cut it in, back up, when bumper it at your bumper cut it the other way.

That's what I did, it was just really tight. And she expected it in three movements. I'm doing the test in my corolla next week, so I'll be fine.

• Members

In Raab's defense, he does do it VERY well. It's just that he's a one-trick pony, IMO.

I used to think that, but I once saw his resume on-line and he's worked with quite a few mainstream artists, which surprised me. Obviously he keeps the showy stuff for clinics and there's more to him than meets the eye...

Archived