How to handle an A-hole and his car stereo.

Mudbass

• Members

You guys might have handled it differently, but here's what I did.

Yesterday I stopped in at my usual liquor store to pick up a box of cigars. There's s a couple of people in line ahead of me and while I'm waiting my turn some asshat parks his car right in front of the door (the liquor store door was propped open) and his car stero is just BLASTING. The license plates are rattling, the trunk lid is rattliing, it's so loud his whole piece of {censored} car is shaking itself apart. Anyway, this {censored}tard gets out of his car and leaves the stereo going at full crank, comes into the liquor store and gets in line right behind me. Now I gotta tell ya, this sort of {censored} really pisses me off. The store clerk gets to me, retrieves what I want from the shelf and says...

That'll be $4.75.

I shout back over the counter to him...what?.

He says (a little louder this time) ...that'll be $4.75.

I shout back to him...SORRY MAN, I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

He shouts back to me (much louder this time) IT'S $4.75!

I just held my hands to my ears and shook my head.

The asshole with the car stereo standing behind me says...HE SAID IT'S $4.75!

I looked at him and said ...what?.

I then turned to the store ckerk and shouted...HOW MUCH FOR THE CIGARS!

The clerk must have finally caught on because he shouted back...WHAT?.

To which I replied...WHAT?.

Now it finally dawned on the clueless dick standing behind me what was happening. I was not going anywhere and he was not getting what he came into the store for until he turned his dumb-assed stereo down. You could actually see the realization come over his face. He muttered something unintelligable, stomped out of the store, got into his piece of {censored} car and just left.

Victory!

The store clerk laughed and gave me my cigars for free saying..."here man, that was the most fun I've had all week!".

• Members

You guys might have handled it differently, but here's what I did.

Yesterday I stopped in at my usual liquor store to pick up a box of cigars. There's s a couple of people in line ahead of me and while I'm waiting my turn some asshat parks his car right in front of the door (the liquor store door was propped open) and his car stero is just BLASTING. The license plates are rattling, the trunk lid is rattliing, it's so loud his whole piece of {censored} car is shaking itself apart. Anyway, this {censored}tard gets out of his car and leaves the stereo going at full crank, comes into the liquor store and gets in line right behind me. Now I gotta tell ya, this sort of {censored} really pisses me off. The store clerk gets to me, retrieves what I want from the shelf and says...

That'll be $4.75.

I shout back over the counter to him...
what?

He says (a little louder this time) ...that'll be $4.75.

I shout back to him...SORRY MAN, I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

He shouts back to me (much louder this time) IT'S $4.75!

I just held my hands to my ears and shook my head.

The asshole with the car stereo standing behind me says...HE SAID IT'S $4.75!

I looked at him and said ...
what?

I then turned to the store ckerk and shouted...HOW MUCH FOR THE CIGARS!

The clerk must have finally caught on because he shouted back...
WHAT?

To which I replied...
WHAT?

Now it finally dawned on the clueless dick standing behind me what was happening. I was not going anywhere and he was not getting what he came into the store for until he turned his dumb-assed stereo down. You could actually see the realization come over his face. He muttered something unintelligable, stomped out of the store, got into his piece of {censored} car and just left.

Victory!

The store clerk laughed and gave me my cigars for free saying..."here man, that was the most fun I've had all week!".

Sweet :thu:

• Members

About 13 years ago, I worked at Circuit City, selling car stereos. I remember some kid coming in and pushing the buttons for a stereo and 6x9 speakers, cranking it to full clipping. He was bobbing his head and telling his buddy how good it sounded.

I'll admit that when I was 17-18, I used to blast my subs as soon as the ignition went forward (4 12" subs in a 87' Mustang GT), but by the time I was 20, I would turn it down at every stoplight, even if I was listening to talk radio. I think it was that kid at the store who turned me around.

Archived