McCain not sure how many houses he and wife own

Teletypist

• Members

I don't think I want my potential Commander N Chief to have the TIME to go to the grocery store, do you ? I think I would rather he knew that Dairy Farming was a $ Billion Dollar Industry receiving $ Millions in subsidies, but I don't give a crap whether or not he knows what a gallon of the stuff costs. Just sayin'....

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Many of those who have a spouse who invests in property. He's no dummy...he knows damned well that if a for-sale unit was or wasn't sold at the time he answered, and he got it wrong, that he'll be lambasted for being technically inaccurate.

Let's face it...there's no other reason a reporter asks a question like this. Everyone knows damned well that both McCain and Obama are wealthy, in McCain's case, damned wealthy. The reporters also know that McCain has a {censored}load of real estate in his portfolio, and that his wife handles most of the dealings with it...he's got other priorities.

Many of you have this wrong. No one asked what Mrs. McCain's corporation had for a house (or sim) inventory. The question was what his ownership (even as a spouse) is.

For someone "only" making 10x the national average family income( $407K), loosing track of a few houses isn't funny.

Go ahead - ask Donny Trump: I bet he knows every detail of every property in his portfolio.

• Members
I don't think I want my potential Commander N Chief to have the TIME to go to the grocery store, do you ? I think I would rather he knew that Dairy Farming was a $ Billion Dollar Industry receiving $ Millions in subsidies, but I don't give a crap whether or not he knows what a gallon of the stuff costs. Just sayin'....

Remember ths big deal they made when Bush Sr was in a grocery store and saw the barcode scanner and talking cash register? :rolleyes:

• Members

Many of you have this wrong. No one asked what Mrs. McCain's corporation had for a house (or sim) inventory. The question was what his ownership (even as a spouse) is.

As people have pointed out, his wife's personal net worth is near 100 million. They're not talking about anything corporate when they mention personal investment.

They keep their assets separate and have for the entire multi-decade course of their marriage. If she were to divorce him, the pre-nuptial agreement would leave him nothing more than a tiny fraction of her wealth. If she were to die, most of it goes to people and charities other than him.

It's her wealth, not 'theirs'...He may get to benefit from it as her current husband, but he doesn't make direct decisions regarding it. That's a matter of long public record.

• Members

As people have pointed out, his wife's
personal
net worth is near 100 million. They're not talking about anything corporate when they mention personal investment.

They keep their assets separate and have for the entire multi-decade course of their marriage. If she were to divorce him, the pre-nuptial agreement would leave him nothing more than a tiny fraction of her wealth. If she were to die, most of it goes to people and charities other than him.

It's
her
wealth, not 'theirs'...He may get to benefit from it as her current husband, but he doesn't make direct decisions regarding it. That's a matter of long public record.

REALLY curious:

How did you get the copy their pre-nup agreement?

And her LWAT?

So cool, cuz' it means you're an insider!

• Members

For someone "only" making 10x the national average family income( $407K), loosing track of a few houses isn't funny.

Go ahead - ask Donny Trump: I bet he knows every detail of every property in his portfolio.

Doubtful.

I work for one of the most successful investors/commodities brokers there are, worth many, many millions. He couldn't tell you on the spot how many real estate deals he's involved with either. That is what's called normal for people like this. Trump would be no different. These people have those around them they trust, who they ask when they need to know details. They do not carry around every last little bit if information in their heads at all times. No one would even be capable of that for the complexity of investments they have. Understand?

• Members
Third time I've used this smiley ever.
:facepalm:
Are you really going to claim that it wasn't an exchange of ideas to win or lose, just because it wasn't one of the "official" 3 debates.

By most accounts and by definition this was a form of debate.

:rolleyes:

You could argue that the entire campaign is a debate, as much as this was. IMO, if the two opponents can't hear each others points, and make counter points, it's not truly debate. I'm not going any further than this. If he's as well spoken as you say we'll all see it in the official debates. :snax:

• CMS Author

As Trump should; he's a real estate investor. McCain is the US Senator from Arizona, not a real estate investor. But marital assets are common, and whatever Cindy has invested in privately is a marital asset.

• Moderators

You could argue that the entire campaign is a debate, as much as this was. IMO, if the two opponents can't hear each others points, and make counter points, it's not truly debate. I'm not going any further than this. If he's as well spoken as you say we'll all see it in the official debates.
:snax:

• Members

If snarky is the way you'd like to proceed, I'm happy to oblige...:D

I'm very glad you think you are literate.

Not to many in that category.

'Too' is the word you're looking for there (adverb, not preposition)...

So let me Eliterate:

That's not an actual word...

Perhaps you mean 'explicate' or 'elucidate'?

Did YOU see the pre-nup?

Did I claim to have seen it?

I claimed that it existed, a fact for which there is copious evidence...

I've never seen Thailand, but I've no reason to believe it's not there.

• Members
If snarky is the way you'd like to proceed, I'm happy to oblige...
:D

'Too' is the word you're looking for there (adverb, not preposition)...

That's not an actual word...

Perhaps you mean 'explicate' or 'elucidate'?

Picky, picky, picky...:):)

• Members

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against King Kashue when logic and grammer are on the line! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha... falls over dead

Archived