McCain not sure how many houses he and wife own

Teletypist

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My kinda guy!

I'm sure he has a grip on the concerns of The Average American.

FYI - being that i read but try not to post in the irate and irrational political posts on here, I will let you in on a little secret. Any minute now someone will come in here and ask you for a link, a you tube clip, or some proof of the claim you make against McCain.

FYI2 - I don't like Obama or McCain, so i really don't have a dog in the hunt. This concludes my public service announcement.

• Members

FYI - being that i read but try not to post in the irate and irrational political posts on here, I will let you in on a little secret. Any minute now someone will come in here and ask you for a link, a you tube clip, or some proof of the claim you make against McCain.

Perhaps you're right. Not everyone reads newspapers anymore.

But here is one link to the story:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080821/ap_on_el_pr/mccain_houses

• Moderators

I have my wife running a lot of our business. She may have purchased a couple apartment buildings that I don't know about. I'll have to get back to you on that, because I'd want to give you an honest answer. ;)

Interesting how negative Obama is going all of a sudden, since McCain all of a sudden grabbed the lead in the polling. I thought Obama was a different kind of politician. You know, the kind different enough to actually provide some change to go along with that hope.;)

As for McCain being out of touch? How about Obama? Obama has been steadfastly against drilling until recently, when it was revealed that over 70% of Americans want to drill for oil right here within the confines of the good ol' USA. Maybe everybody could just own a Government approved DeLorean and it could run on leftover food. Yep. That is going to happen within the next 3-4 years.

• Members

Why does it matter?

Really.

Interesting comment.

1) Not just that he owns several houses (Just like most of us?), but there so many he looses track.

2) Or maybe he just looses track of a lot of things: car keys, jackets, houses.

Should make for a great Commander-In-Chief, forgetting entire brigades or nukes, of forgetting France is our ally (OK, that's excusable).

• Members

Interesting comment.

1) Not just that he owns several houses (Just like most of us?), but there so many he looses track.

Should make for a great Commander-In-Chief, forgetting entire brigades or nukes, of forgetting France is our ally (OK, that's excusable).

Right. Maybe his wife manages his assets for him? Maybe he has an accountant that does all that? Truth be told, since he has a politician, he probably has NO time to look over his assets and has someone to do that for him.

Hmmmm...I wonder how this applies to the presidency?? Why do presidents have so many different advisors and staff??

I don't know. That is a mystery to me.

• Moderators
Okay....you go with that. Bring on the debates.
:thu:

That was in the context of a debate. In case you haven't figured it out, the audience was laughing during this exchange with Warren. It wasn't the um, um, stumble, stumble you think. Since you didn't actually watch the "Showdown at Saddleback" you should probably admit that you are ignorant of the topic at hand.

• Members

Interesting comment.

Why does it matter if he owns more houses than I do (or fewer for that matter)? How does this affect his ability to lead the executive branch of the federal government?

Why would it matter if the president knows, or doesn't know, where every single nuclear weapon is? Does anyone know this even (keep in mind, we have over 10,000)? Why should the president be actively managing individual nuclear weapons?

• Members

Why does it matter if he owns more houses than I do (or fewer for that matter)? How does this affect his ability to lead the executive branch of the federal government?

Why would it matter if the president knows, or doesn't know, where every single nuclear weapon is? Does anyone know this even (keep in mind, we have over 10,000)? Why should the president be actively managing individual nuclear weapons?

I think that answers my question from my previous post....lol

Archived