I'm apparently a right-wing extremist!

Thunderbroom

• Members

It does, but no one in Washington really pays attention to the Constitution anymore. If they do, they view it as a "living, breathing document" that can mean whatever they want it to mean.

Okay, that's a bit of hyperbole, but there is a lot loose constructionism going on.

It's not that far of a strech. Hyperbole, no. Pretty damn accurate? Yes.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
He actually turned down Fed money because of the strings they attached.

To get the money, states must expand unemployment benefits, such as covering part-time workers who lose their jobs. Texas Gov. Rick Perry said he doesn't want the stimulus money because his state would have to raise taxes on businesses or cut back on benefits once the federal funding runs out........

This is similar to when Clinton gave funds to municipalities for police and fire. Those additional police and firemen are no longer employed as police and firement in many municipailities, because they couldn't afford them once the federal money ran out.

• Members

Combine all this with the strangely familiar "camps" that FEMA is building or renovating and it makes for a scary picture down the road. Don't think fascism couldn't happen here. The German's in the 30's didn't think it could happen there either.

Don't be like the frog who will sit it a pot of water while the temperature is slowly brought to a boil. Wake up America!!!

• Members
So you're 100% sure there is 0% chance that someone with that t-shirt or at a RP rally could be a threat. If we knew what research was used to make the determinations in this document, we could comment. But we don't, so brushing it off as "useless" is also a bit too broad of a brush.

Well, let's look at it this way. A very high percentage of IV drug users also smoke cigarrettes. So should we be looking at cigarette smokers to help us in the war on drugs?

It doesn't amtter if there is a 0% chance that someone with a t-shirt or at a RP rally could be a threat. Someone at an Obama rally or wearing a Sierra Club {censored} could be just as much of a threat. Someone who never does any of those things could be just as much of a threat.

It's a stupid methodology.

Would a document that states that possible terrorist threats have training compounds be provocative? Who would leak it, and why?

No. It would make sense, because they ARE ENGAGED IN ACTIVITIES THAT RAISE A REASONABLE LEVEL OF SUSCPICION. Having a paramilitary training compund is a wee bit different than wearing a Michael Badnarik 2004 shirt or a Nader is Right shirt. Dontcha think?

It's some minor memo written because it had to be...in government *everything* has to be documented, whether it's useful or not. If one wants to find conspiracy, consider whether the document is genuinely sourced from the government. Who would know?

It's a waste of time, money, and human resources. It's also an insult to many people who are either states rights advocates, support thrid part candidates or military vets returning from Iraq or Afghanistan.

It's ludicrous. It's wrong. It's wasteful. And it's rather suspicious that it seems every week something new is coming out about how the federal government is looking to "suspect" people who aren't towing the line or disagree with how Washington is being run.

It's a big palace, but I don't think it's got THAT much room:lol:

There's plenty of housing right near the palace and plenty of jobs for cronies from Chitown. :D

• Members
T Broom, I see the Libertarian viewpoint. Believe it or not Glenn Beck makes an excellent case for it. I'm starting to think the mainstream parties are full of $#*%.

you and several million fed-up voters...

ED-AJ347_reynol_E_20090414145152.jpg

Today American taxpayers in more than 300 locations in all 50 states will hold rallies to protest higher taxes and out-of-control government spending. There is no political party behind these rallies, no grand right-wing conspiracy, not even a 501© group like MoveOn.org.

This influx of new energy and new talent is likely to inject new life into small-government politics around the nation. The mainstream Republican Party still seems limp and disorganized. This grassroots effort may revitalize it. Or the tea-party movement may lead to a new third party that may replace the GOP, just as the GOP replaced the fractured and hapless Whigs.

• Members
you and several million fed-up voters...

ED-AJ347_reynol_E_20090414145152.jpg

Today American taxpayers in more than 300 locations
in all 50 states will hold rallies to protest higher taxes and out-of-control government spending. There is no political party behind these rallies, no grand right-wing conspiracy, not even a 501(c) group like MoveOn.org.

This influx of new energy and new talent is likely to inject new life into small-government politics around the nation. The mainstream Republican Party still seems limp and disorganized. This grassroots effort may revitalize it. Or the tea-party movement may lead to a new third party that may replace the GOP, just as the GOP replaced the fractured and hapless Whigs.

I love this part:

When Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele asked to speak at the Chicago tea party, his request was politely refused by the organizers: "With regards to stage time, we respectfully must inform Chairman Steele that RNC officials are welcome to participate in the rally itself, but we prefer to limit stage time to those who are not elected officials, both in Government as well as political parties. This is an opportunity for Americans to speak, and elected officials to listen, not the other way around."

:D

Bout {censored}ing time.

• Members

That is a very powerful statement...and one that Mr. Steele and his peers need to understand and take to heart.

I love it they send the message to all of the fat bloated government officials and to the officials of both parties.

FTW!

FTD!

FTR!

• Members

That is a very powerful statement...and one that Mr. Steele and his peers need to understand and take to heart.

Yup. People are getting seriously pissed off at the excess of our governnemt and the complete arrogance in how they operate.

• Members

This just needed to be said again:

When Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele asked to speak at the Chicago tea party, his request was politely refused by the organizers: "With regards to stage time, we respectfully must inform Chairman Steele that RNC officials are welcome to participate in the rally itself, but we prefer to limit stage time to those who are not elected officials, both in Government as well as political parties. This is an opportunity for Americans to speak, and elected officials to listen, not the other way around."

• Members
This just needed to be said again:

Only one slight problem with that.....Michael Steele is not an elected official. :D

• Members
Only one slight problem with that.....Michael Steele is not an elected official.

he was elected chairman of the RNC by the RNC. They kinda covered that. :D

who are not elected officials, both in Government as well as political parties

• Members

he was elected chairman of the RNC by the RNC. They kinda covered that.

and I was elected to go pick up lunch at work today. Sorry, it should apply to publicly elected officials, otherwise it's just "I don't like your point of view".

• Members
and I was elected to go pick up lunch at work today. Sorry, it should apply to
publicly
elected officials, otherwise it's just "I don't like your point of view".

I want a club sandwich please. :D

Nah, I think it's fine for them to exclude him. He's the head of the RNC, a political party, and they are not pushing this as a partisan type of event. It's for EVERYONE pissed off at what is going on regardless of political affiliation.

Archived