I'm apparently a right-wing extremist!

Thunderbroom

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm waiting for the report on moderate extremists.

You may be joking, but I wouldn't be surprised.

What a {censored}ing joke Homeland Security is. I happen to know a guy pretty well placed (as in very high up) in the Border patrol and know a lot of law enforcement people.

They just shake their heads at the absolute drivel Homeland Security wants them to do. Some of it stupid and some of it just flat out illegal.

• Members

You may be joking, but I wouldn't be surprised.

What a {censored}ing joke Homeland Security is. I happen to know a guy pretty well placed (as in very high up) in the Border patrol and know a lot of law enforcement people.

They just shake their heads at the absolute drivel Homeland Security wants them to do. Some of it stupid and some of it just flat out illegal.

They are professional paranoids.

And we pay them!

• Moderators

But right wing extremists are combat vets returning home, people who support states rights, people who want immigration reform, etc.

The report says the right wing extremists are targeting those demographics for recruitment. I does not say those demographics are the extremists.

• CMS Author

It's a waste of time, money, and human resources. It's also an insult to many people who are either states rights advocates, support thrid part candidates or military vets returning from Iraq or Afghanistan.

It's ludicrous. It's wrong. It's wasteful. And it's rather suspicious that it seems every week something new is coming out about how the federal government is looking to "suspect" people who aren't towing the line or disagree with how Washington is being run.

It's an insult to profile likely conditions? If you aren't actually a terrorist, why are you insulted by some document that contains ONE condition you've met among many that would make you a likely person of interest?

And again, do you really think any of this is new? Everything that exists on this planet has been researched, collated, parsed, stored, compared and printed in a government document. What would you like to say? Look hard enough, and there's a government report somewhere that says it.

And as always, the litmus test is, how does this *actually* affect your life? If it doesn't, chances are it never will, just like the 99.999% of everything else the government does that conspiracy theorists inflate to gigantic proportions. And if it does, what exactly are you going to DO about it? As a wise old manager once told me, "don't come to me with your problem, come to me with your solution".

And to beat this to death, again you really need to know how the doc's conclusions were reached, what data was used, before you can comment on whether it's accurate or not. You seem to imply that simply because you meet one criteria and aren't a terrorist, that the entire profile is wrong.

• Moderators
The report says the right wing extremists are
targeting
those demographics for recruitment. I does not say those demographics are the extremists.

If those demographics weren't recruitable and failed to garner support from those demographics in the past, the extremists . . . . . . .er, I mean the government wouldn't be targeting those demographics.

• Members

"A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government." -Thomas Jefferson

• Moderators

"A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government." -Thomas Jefferson

At the tea party I went to today there was a sign that read-

What

Would

Jefferson

Do

• Members
If your task was to locate IV drug users among the general population, and they would otherwise not be likely to show other outward signs of IV drug use, then yes. You're making my point for me with this one; terrorists don't generally advertise their intentions, so other means of location must be used.

don't advertize? like wearing a don't tread on me shirt or putting a Ron Paul sign in their front yard?

then what's the {censored}ing point?

And you have what, exactly, to back your opinion? As I wrote, you don't know what research and datae was used to create this document. Until you can cite that, and dispute or support that, you haven't got {censored} to stand on.

What do I have to back my opinion? Okay, well let's see. Someone who displays none of these "traits" could be a threat.....I can think of several guys that flew planes into buildings in the last decade that were not displaying these types of behavior or associations. As for domestic terrorism, how about the bombing of the LA times building that killled 21 people, perpetrated by a couple of union brothers. Not exactly Klan members now were they? Ever see the Unabomber at a Ron Paul rally?

You missed my point completely. You're seeing this document because someone figured it would raise a few hackles, just like the MIAC document. You think it's mere coincidence that it was "leaked"?? Please, don't be so selective with your suspicion. OF COURSE there are documents about the OBVIOUS people of interest. Those documents don't get "leaked" because they don't make conspiracy nutjobs go wild with indignation.

The don't get leaked and piss people off because they MAKE SENSE. They are LOGICAL.

It's an insult to profile likely conditions? If you aren't actually a terrorist, why are you insulted by some document that contains ONE condition you've met among many that would make you a likely person of interest?

I meet SEVERAL of these conditions. Ex-military. Support 3rd party candidates. Support States rights over a central federal authority. I am adamant that we need to change our immigration policies, and immediately.

hell, I could be on their MOST WANTED list will all of my "suspicious behavior". ;)

And again, do you really think any of this is new? Everything that exists on this planet has been researched, collated, parsed, stored, compared and printed in a government document. What would you like to say? Look hard enough, and there's a government report somewhere that says it.

Good point. And you don't think the government has control issues?

And as always, the litmus test is, how does this *actually* affect your life? If it doesn't, chances are it never will, just like the 99.999% of everything else the government does that conspiracy theorists inflate to gigantic proportions. And if it does, what exactly are you going to DO about it? As a wise old manager once told me, "don't come to me with your problem, come to me with your solution".

No, the litmus test is how does this "potentially" affect my life. It may not "actually" affect it today, but that may not be the case a year or 5 or 10 from now.

so far as what am I going to do about it? I already work to reduce the size of the government through political activism, however minor it may be. Funny how that is one of the criteria used to identify potential threats, dontcha think?

And to beat this to death, again you really need to know how the doc's conclusions were reached, what data was used, before you can comment on whether it's accurate or not. You seem to imply that simply because you meet one criteria and aren't a terrorist, that the entire profile is wrong.

No, I'm saying having a criteeria for that states there is more of a proensity for redheaded guys to be rapists because one redheaded guy committed a rape is a {censored}ing stupid way to run homeland security. and that's what it's akin to.

• Moderators

I dunno...boink Sally Hemings?
:idea:

Already posted. ;)

• Members
I meet SEVERAL of these conditions. Ex-military. Support 3rd party candidates. Support States rights over a central federal authority. I am adamant that we need to change our immigration policies, and immediately.

hell, I could be on their MOST WANTED list will all of my "suspicious behavior".
;)

yeah we know you'd never do anything against the law. Like tamper with the mail system or fake someone's identity. Oh wait...Sounds like they're on the right track. ;)

Your post has been reported....to the feds. :p

• Members

hell, I could be on their MOST WANTED list will all of my "suspicious behavior".
;)

True... except that the document clearly states that because of those things you could be targeted by an extremist group for recruitment. What it doesn't ever say is that any of those conditions are actually extremists.

• Members
yeah we know you'd never do anything against the law. Like tamper with the mail system or fake someone's identity. Oh wait...Sounds like they're on the right track.
;)

Your post has been reported....to the feds.
:p

Only when someone {censored}s with me. :D

Looks up Catphish's home address.....

• Members

True... except that the document clearly states that because of those things you could be targeted by an extremist group for recruitment. What it doesn't ever say is that any of those conditions are actually extremists.

It says that is where they are recruiting from. Ergo, that's the demographic that is most likely to BECOME extremists.

Semantics, nothing more.

Archived