I'm apparently a right-wing extremist!

Thunderbroom

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here in Michigan "we" raised the taxes on booze and tobbaco... I keep trying to protest but just end up partying instead.

Here in Oregon the tax on hard liquor is about 21.00 a gallon. The state of Oregon regulates all liquor and controls it directly. They are THE sole distributor. They've taxed it so high that I haven't bought a bottle of liqour in over a year. Look at all the taxes they lose out on.

We'd have better prices with the Mafia running our booze.

• Members

Leftwing extremism in the United States can be broadly divided into those groups, movements, and adherents that are primarily hate-oriented (based on hatred of religious, white, or non-ethnic groups), and those that are mainly pro-government, rejecting local or state authority in favor of federal authority, or complete capitulation to government authority entirely. It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single issue, such abortion or immigration.

Lefttwing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment

Protesters objecting to Tancredo's views on immigration smashed a window a few feet from where he stood and blocked his face with a banner that said, "No One Is Illegal."

The event was cut short due to broken glass and use of pepper spray by police.

• Moderators
Protesters objecting to Tancredo's views on immigration smashed a window a few feet from where he stood and blocked his face with a banner that said, "No One Is Illegal."

Nothing like being "inclusive." oops, er, I mean violating free speech and making sure a college campus provides for an exchange of ideas. I guess these people only want free speech if that speech agrees with them. :D

• Members

Nothing like being "inclusive." oops, er, I mean violating free speech and making sure a college campus provides for an exchange of ideas. I guess these people only want free speech if that speech agrees with them.
:D

violating free speech...well yes, but in all seriousness I'd describe this as domestic terrorism. The intent is clearly not only to disrupt the speech, but also to intimidate and threaten with physical harm anyone else who might think about expressing similar views.

• Moderators
violating free speech...well yes, but in all seriousness I'd describe this as domestic terrorism. The intent is clearly not only to disrupt the speech, but also to intimidate and threaten with physical harm anyone else who might think about expressing similar views.

I could see that point of view. You have to remember this is the same University which had a large group of fculty condemn an entire lacrosse team only to be found innocent, thanks to a DA who had no case to begin with. No apologies forthcoming. It's pretty sad.

• Members

this is the same University which had a large group of fculty condemn an entire lacrosse team only to be found innocent, thanks to a DA who had no case to begin with. No apologies forthcoming. It's pretty sad.

The lacrosse thing was at Duke.

Archived