I'm apparently a right-wing extremist!

Thunderbroom

• Members

There is a tax & spend protest/tea party going on at the State Capitol here in Saint Paul as we speak.

Ironically, there is a counter-protest of sorts, labeling itself as a Tax Appreciation Rally (no I'm not making that up) put on by the Alliance for a Better Minnesota.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Just got back from my tea party. I should've taken my son out of school for a bit so he could join in the protest. It was peaceful, the speeches were dead on and for the most part (99%), it was not a partisan event. Very few signs pointed out the left loons and more importantly some signs involved the Republicans as being Democrat Lite. Some signs made me laugh. Especially the one that misspelled "Fascism" as "Facism." I wish I would have gotten a pic. :D

• Moderators
I want a club sandwich please.
:D

Nah, I think it's fine for them to exclude him. He's the head of the RNC, a political party, and they are not pushing this as a partisan type of event. It's for EVERYONE pissed off at what is going on regardless of political affiliation.

Agreed. You can't blame Steele for trying to get a few minutes, though. :D If he knows what's good for him, he'll immediately come out with a speech/video that suggests that he and his party have heard from the people, list exactly what he/party understands they heard, and present a plan to get the party to be more representative of true conservative/small government beliefs.

• Members

and I was elected to go pick up lunch at work today. Sorry, it should apply to
publicly
elected officials, otherwise it's just "I don't like your point of view".

Yes, but he does represent the other party that is part of the big problem - way tooooooo much government. Way tooooooo much spending.

• Moderators
Yes, but he does represent the other party that is part of the big problem - way tooooooo much government. Way tooooooo much spending.

Yep. And he really hasn't shown yet how he's going to turn the Republican Party back into the party of true conservatism.

• Members

There are likely many others regarding both right and left.

Thank you. It was a serious request.

So, from what I see, left wing extremists are associated with ELF and many other known groups that have committed crimes. Cyber hackers, etc.

But right wing extremists are combat vets returning home, people who support states rights, people who want immigration reform, etc.

Personally, I'm rooting for the right wing extremists if that's the case.

Seems like they have a pretty inequitable definition of "extremist".

That paper makes the whole thing even MORE pathetic if possible,.

• Members

Apparently I'm a left wing extremist because I donate to the Humane Society. I guess Thud and Craig were right...err....correct about me.

Didn't see THAT in there, and I even searched. Good thing too because then I would be left wing AND a right wing extremist.

Archived