I'm apparently a right-wing extremist!

Thunderbroom

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
It says that is where they are recruiting from. Ergo, that's the demographic that is most likely to BECOME extremists.

Semantics, nothing more.

That's right. Since most of the professional football players are recruited from the college football demographic, the distinction between college football players and professional football players is merely semantics. :eek:

• Members
That's right. Since most of the professional football players are recruited from the college football demographic, the distinction between college football players and professional football players is merely semantics.
:eek:

Well, to use your analogy, what exactly do a very large percentage of college football players want to be? NFL players.

And with very few exceptions, all NFL players were college players.

So are all domestic security threats people who actually bleieve in states rights? People who are anti abortion? People who are combat vets? People who support third party candidates? People who want illegal immigration stopped?

Since those are the people they seem so worried about, you would think that the vast majority of "rightwing extremists" who pose a threat to our national security come from these groups. However I highly doubt that is accurate.

;)

• Members

So are all domestic security threats people who actually bleieve in states rights? People who are anti abortion? People who are combat vets? People who support third party candidates? People who want illegal immigration stopped?

No, not all. Just the right wing ones. Duh.

• Moderators
Well, to use your analogy, what exactly do a very large percentage of college football players want to be? NFL players.

And with very few exceptions, all NFL players
were
college players.

Since those are the people they seem so worried about, you would think that the vast majority of "rightwing extremists" who pose a threat to our national security come from these groups. However I highly doubt that is accurate.

;)

:snax:

• Moderators
People who want illegal immigration stopped?

100%

See, I can be absurdist too. :idk:

I understand you are bothered by these types of issues. I also understand that you don't believe the context of the document is what is stated in the document itself. I just don't agree with your conspiracy theory.

• Members
Yes.

All of them.

Every single one.

Without exception.

100%

See, I can be absurdist too.
:idk:

Hey, it was YOUR analogy. :D

I understand you are bothered by these types of issues. I also understand that you don't believe the context of the document is what is stated in the document itself. I just don't agree with your conspiracy theory.

I don't think it's a conspiracy. I think it's a concerted effort to curb dissent. And I don't think this administration started it. They are only continuing it and accelerating it IMO.

• Members

I just heard on the radio from a local talking head that federal spending is on the way to nearly 30% of GDP (28% was the figure I believe). Combine that with spending at the local and state levels, and gov't spending is over 40% of GDP. I'll see if I can find a source.

Anyway, if that's true, or even close, doesn't that scare anyone? This isn't about Democrats or those worthless Republicans. Allowing government to consume that much of GDP is bad. There's no way around it.

• Members

I don't think it's a conspiracy. I think it's a concerted effort to curb dissent. And I don't think this administration started it. They are only continuing it and accelerating it IMO.

I don't think it's a conspiracy either. I do personally believe that the statement accurately reflects the belief of Obama himself.

Barack Obama called his grandmother a "typical white person" in a radio interview on Thursday. Obama had pointed to his mother's mother in his speech Tuesday as an example of someone who harbored fears of blacks based on racial prejudice. He denied his grandmother held hatred toward blacks, but described her as a "typical white person who, you know, if she sees somebody on the street that she doesn't know, there is a reaction. That has been bred into our experiences that don't go away and that sometimes come out in the wrong way."

and

t

• CMS Author

don't advertize? like wearing a don't tread on me shirt or putting a Ron Paul sign in their front yard?

then what's the {censored}ing point?

What do I have to back my opinion? Okay, well let's see. Someone who displays none of these "traits" could be a threat.....I can think of several guys that flew planes into buildings in the last decade that were not displaying these types of behavior or associations. As for domestic terrorism, how about the bombing of the LA times building that killled 21 people, perpetrated by a couple of union brothers. Not exactly Klan members now were they? Ever see the Unabomber at a Ron Paul rally?

Using your line of reasoning, the lack of any Nazi presence at Pearl Harbor is proof that the Germans were not a threat in WWII.

Since you obviously have no actual data to base any of this, any further discussion is pointless. It's your opinion and you're certainly entitled to it, regardless of any basis in fact.

• Moderators

I don't think it's a conspiracy. I think it's a concerted effort to curb dissent.

Okay, I can see that I misstated your thought. I now understand you think it's a concerted effort to curb dissent. I don't. I also don't reject the internal context of the report itself. We just read it much differently.

• Members
But you have to live in San Antonio.

That way I won't ever run into you!
:mad:
:mad::poke:
:p
:wave:
:lol:

I've lived there before. Evidently, in San Antonio there are guys in starched shirts and Smokey Bear hats that yell at the out-o-towners, bang trash cans and throw them down the isle, and they take your clothes, shave your head, and make you run 'til you puke and/or pass out.

Other than that, I found the people there pretty nice. :D

• Members
Using your line of reasoning, the lack of any Nazi presence at Pearl Harbor is proof that the Germans were not a threat in WWII.

No, using my line of reasoning, there is no need to suspect every person of japanese descent in the USA during WWII. Big difference.

Since you obviously have no actual data to base any of this, any further discussion is pointless. It's your opinion and you're certainly entitled to it, regardless of any basis in fact.

:rolleyes:

• Members

I read this thread very differently now that I know Kindness is a lawyer.

You guys argue differently. Some would say better. Others would say that you're good at using the truth if you have it. If not, you're good at using argumentative method in spite of the truth.

There's moral right and wrong, there's Truth, and there's the Law. They don't necessarily match up.

Just thinkin' out loud.

• Moderators

No Beck. No Fox News at my tea party yesterday. And I hate to break it to this CNN reporter, but for starters, the dude from CNBC is who excited me about tea parties. It was grass roots. Additionally, I guess she's unaware that there are a lot of us in the Land of Lincoln who aren't interested in $50 billion from Mother Hen and the strings attached. She's also unaware that the tea parties were about more than just taxes and had to do with how big and powerful the Federal government has gotten. At the local tea party, we signed a petition to have the Federal Reserve audited. I guess actual news and the hard reporting of figuring out why people were participating in the tea parties went right over her head. Gotta love the video title, too. She was horribly harrassed. :lol:

6G3fvNhdoc0

• Moderators

I read this thread very differently now that I know Kindness is a lawyer.

You guys argue differently. Some would say better. Others would say that you're good at using the truth if you have it. If not, you're good at using argumentative method in spite of the truth.

There's moral right and wrong, there's Truth, and there's the Law. They don't necessarily match up.

Just thinkin' out loud.

If you ever catch me arguing from a position that isn't truthful and sincere, let me know. You'll be the first.

• Members

If you ever catch me arguing from a position that isn't truthful and sincere, let me know. You'll be the first.

I can honestly say, I have never seen you be untruthful. I can disagree with your opinion on different issues, and we acn come at an issue from very diffreent perspectives at times (probably much less than we agree though) but I think you always (unless being facetious) argue what you sincerely believe as well as what you believe to be the truth.

Archived