Obama Revives Detainee Tribunals At Guantanamo

hi.flyer

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Or any of that other nonsense. :poke:

Bush "pushed" it through? I didn't see a lot of nay votes in Congress. There wasn't anything to "push through." Until Iraq started going south not too long after our troops overran Bagdhad, there was minimal opposition to anything Bush did, as the Dems were afraid to go against his immense popularity following 9/11 and the Afghanistan invasion. As for a "more pragmatic approach" how was Bush's approach any less pragmatic? He campaigned on being a uniter, not a divider and was against nation building. That obviously changed after 9/11, when he had to become more pragmatic and less compassionately conservative. Now let's see. Obama makes some campaign promises, gets elected, sees intel that a select few in DC get to see and all of a sudden he becomes pragmatic, even though the current POTUS clearly "pushed through" a supposed "stimulus package." But keep on chuckling there. ;)

• Members

I never said Obama has done a good job so far. 6 out of 10 is a D.

Not saying you did, my good man. Just pointing out the futility of letting the media frame the debate. For you, it was allowing the media to make the contest be Obama vs. Palin with the "one heart beat away" fear mongering.

• Members

I meant a more pragmatic approach as opposed to what I would call an idealist approach, which would be, say, shutting down Gitmo, freeing all the prisoners, and hoping that after we extend some sweet, sweet human rights to them we can all be friends.

• Members

Care to share?

I already did a bit - did you read the wiki link about Jaime Gorelick??? Also, Clinton didn't do squat for 8 years regarding Bin Laden, etc..., but an attack 9 months into the Bush Presidency is his ONLY??? - how could that possibly work???

- georgestrings

• Members
If what I wrote is typical liberal dribble, this has to qualify as typical RW propaganda.

Hey, I just thought of something kind of silly... I play Right Wing.
:p:D

By an odd coincidence, I usually play left wing or center. :D

• Moderators
I meant a more pragmatic approach as opposed to what I would call an idealist approach, which would be, say, shutting down Gitmo, freeing all the prisoners, and hoping that after we extend some sweet, sweet human rights to them we can all be friends.

I understand that. He's being pragmatic because he understands the intel and the secret stuff he didn't get to see before becoming POTUS. It doesn't surprise me.

• Members

I wonder who's smarter? Bush, for surrounding himself with brainiacs who make him look stupid in comparison, or Obama, who surrounded himself with morons and crooks who make him look smart? Rosie O'Donnell looks smart compared to Joe Biden, the world's most useful idiot.

• Members

I already did a bit - did you read the wiki link about Jaime Gorelick??? Also, Clinton didn't do squat for 8 years regarding Bin Laden, etc..., but an attack 9 months into the Bush Presidency is his ONLY??? - how could that possibly work???

- georgestrings

I don't know this blog, but it's an interesting peek into what Clinton did to combat terrorism... http://www.truthout.org/article/clinton-911-and-facts

I'll read the link you posted too.

• Members

Not saying you did, my good man. Just pointing out the futility of letting the
media
frame the debate. For you, it was allowing the media to make the contest be Obama vs. Palin with the "one heart beat away" fear mongering.

This fear wasn't borne of the media, at least in my case. Palin, to me, is worse than Bush... And that's no easy feat to accomplish.

• Members

While we're on that subject, how responsible do you think Bill Clinton and his Justice Department were for the 9/11 attacks???

Take a look here:

- georgestrings

Hard to say... There are a couple of [citations needed] in there that are attached to pretty damning assertions. Regardless, her mis-interpretation of the Act could have been real or it could have been a CYA move on her part. Either way, there was much more information regarding the 9/11 attacks that were know to the Bush administration and were basically ignored.

• Members
This fear wasn't borne of the media, at least in my case. Palin, to me, is worse than Bush... And that's no easy feat to accomplish.

And Biden is the worst of the worst in my book but the media let one slide on drop dead issues and actively attacked the other on made up BS. My point is it's important no mater where you are politically not to be led by the nose by the media. They somehow made experience no big deal with the presidential candidates but hugely important with their backups. Gun control issues and military service was totally ignored whilst how much the repubs spent on clothing became dominant issues. I was personally disgusted by the media this election cycle. When even Saturday Night Live is making fun of you, it's time to re-evaluate the job you are doing. :D

• Members
And Biden is the worst of the worst in my book but the
media
let one slide on drop dead issues and actively attacked the other on made up BS. My point is it's important no mater where you are politically not to be led by the nose by the media. They somehow made experience no big deal with the presidential candidates but hugely important with their backups. Gun control issues and military service was totally ignored whilst how much the repubs spent on clothing became dominant issues. I was personally disgusted by the media this election cycle. When even Saturday Night Live is making fun of you, it's time to re-evaluate the job you are doing.
:D

:lol: SNL had the best media coverage of the entire election!

• Members
And Biden is the worst of the worst in my book but the
media
let one slide on drop dead issues and actively attacked the other on made up BS. My point is it's important no mater where you are politically not to be led by the nose by the media. They somehow made experience no big deal with the presidential candidates but hugely important with their backups. Gun control issues and military service was totally ignored whilst how much the repubs spent on clothing became dominant issues. I was personally disgusted by the media this election cycle. When even Saturday Night Live is making fun of you, it's time to re-evaluate the job you are doing.
:D

[YOUTUBE]z_4AxzvhCPY[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Ummmm......did anyone think he really WOULD close down Gitmo? Or "end" the war in Iraq? Or "fix" the economy?

I swear, this country is fulla suckers.

the only "change" your'e gonna get is the names of the people {censored}ing you. It's just a different cast, but the same script as always.

• Moderators

Ummmm......did anyone think he really WOULD close down Gitmo? Or "end" the war in Iraq? Or "fix" the economy?

I swear, this country is fulla suckers.

the only "change" your'e gonna get is the names of the people {censored}ing you. It's just a different cast, but the same script as always.

Watch it. He's gonna fix health care next.

How's that for staying on topic, kindness? :p:lol:

Archived