Obama Revives Detainee Tribunals At Guantanamo

hi.flyer

• Moderators
Im no Obama fan but I'll say this much: Hes been in office a little over four months and he has been handed an 8-
year
mess that the amazing Bush legacy left. Seeds take time to grow - you dont have to be an Obamabot to realize this

No offense, but a lot of this mess to a lot longer than 8 years to come to a head.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If it really was Bush and the Republicans ask yourself why Obama and the Dems dont have investigations going to get to the bottom of the housing market/FM and all the Wall St. crap.They certainly have the votes/power to do so.Wouldn't it be perfect for them literally destroying any and all hope the Republicans might have of regaining any seats anytime in the near future?I think we can all agree that's far more important than any other issues we face.That's what they should be looking into instead of trying to decide whether or not they should investigate and prosecute members of the Bush administration for what happened at Gitmo.They're not doing that because they know damn well right where it would lead.

• Members

Nah, it was handled well, OK'd by the UN, and it was handled in response to the Iraqi occupation of Kuwait (which was a bad thing). This war is none of those things.

I just asked because you brought up the Bush's plural as ones "who attack", indicating that Bush Sr. was somehow wrong as well (IYHO).

• Members
More of a semi-ass whoopin'. Remember Bush I was
wrong
for not taking Saddam out and Bush II was wrong
for
taking Saddam out!

:)

I don't think he was wrong for not taking Saddam out. He even said it himself... There was no viable exit strategy & that's where we sit now.

• Moderators
More of a semi-ass whoopin'. Remember Bush I was
wrong
for not taking Saddam out and Bush II was wrong
for
taking Saddam out!

:)

The best part about Bush II was that he knew you can't "win" no matter what you do, so you might as well do what you believe is right.

• Members

I don't think he was wrong for not taking Saddam out. He even said it himself... There was no viable exit strategy & that's where we sit now.

Last I heard we are exiting. All troops out of major cities by end of next month. I'm quite surprised we don't hear more about this issue and other progress on our "unwinnable" war from the press. (wait, I'm not really surprised at all, I apologize for lying).

• Members

Thoughts? Between the far left media and the Pelosi/Reid Dem leadership it appears you bought hook/line/sinker into the Far Left Dem strategy that Bush is evil. Obama is no more a "pragmatist" than W was.

Uhhhh yea I didn't say any of that. And I'd like to think I'm at least SLIGHTLY open-minded enough to have my own opinions, rather than just parrot what's on TV or whatever. I don't even watch TV! {censored}, man.

• Moderators

It's really too bad McCain didn't win. We wouldn't even need an exit strategy, because he said he would keep us there for 100 years. :lol:

disclaimer: This is a joke post. What McCain said was taken entirely out of context.

• Members

Yeah the Iraqi war sucks. WWII sucked too, especially since we waited for our Pacific fleet to be destroyed by Japan before entering it. This was after Roosevelt publicly declared that "Japan is going to attack us". We also waited for Hitler to steamroll half of Europe and gas millions of Jews, Pols and others but it wasn't our war to fight, right?
The Korean War sucked also. Of course all of Asia would likely be communist right now if we didn't enter it. You certainly wouldn't by driving that nice Hyundai or playing that affordable bass which plays better than your old, overpriced Fender. Yes a very sucky war.
Vietnam... The King of Sucky Wars! How many people died after we left? Millions? Communists are good for people! They slaughter annoying dissenters and make others work in the fields, including children!
Yes we should have left Saddam Hussein alone too. All he did was use WMD's (chemical weapons) on the Kurds, murdered and tortured political dissenters, invaded Kuwait (killing thousands) while trying to unite the Arab world under his own rule. Lets not forget the missiles he fired into Israel, but that's acceptable behavior for Arab terrorists. It's their God given right to shoot missiles into Israel because they all care so much for the "oppressed" Palestinians! Oppressed is the right word, they are oppressed by their own Arab neighbors who use them as pawns in a game they can never win (I hope).
Saddam, the "green" guy that he was, also created the largest man-made ecological disaster in history when his army was driven out of Kuwait, then proceeded to break every UN resolution passed against him meant to control his behavior. He raised two sons (who would have succeeded him) who routinely kidnapped young girls from the streets to use as sex slaves and would murder their parents if they protested. This was a man deemed so dangerous that both Bill Clinton and Al Gore wrote (and spoke) about the need for "regime change" numerous times when discussing Saddam Hussein. Of course they didn't do anything about it because one was busy getting his rocks off while the other was inventing the internet. Yes we should have waited for Saddam to use his billions in oil money to bankroll Al Qaida against the common enemy, US!!

• Members
Yeah the Iraqi war sucks. WWII sucked too, especially since we waited for our Pacific fleet to be destroyed by Japan before entering it. This was after Roosevelt publicly declared that "Japan is going to attack us". We also waited for Hitler to steamroll half of Europe and gas millions of Jews, Pols and others but it wasn't our war to fight, right?

The Korean War sucked also. Of course all of Asia would likely be communist right now if we didn't enter it. You certainly wouldn't by driving that nice Hyundai or playing that affordable bass which plays better than your old, overpriced Fender. Yes a very sucky war.

Vietnam... The King of Sucky Wars! How many people died after we left? Millions? Communists are good for people! They slaughter annoying dissenters and make others work in the fields, including children!

Yes we should have left Saddam Hussein alone too. All he did was use WMD's (chemical weapons) on the Kurds, murdered and tortured political dissenters, invaded Kuwait (killing thousands) while trying to unite the Arab world under his own rule. Lets not forget the missiles he fired into Israel, but that's acceptable behavior for Arab terrorists. It's their God given right to shoot missiles into Israel because they all care so much for the "oppressed" Palestinians! Oppressed is the right word, they are oppressed by their own Arab neighbors who use them as pawns in a game they can never win (I hope).

Saddam, the "green" guy that he was, also created the largest man-made ecological disaster in history when his army was driven out of Kuwait, then proceeded to break every UN resolution passed against him meant to control his behavior. He raised two sons (who would have succeeded him) who routinely kidnapped young girls from the streets to use as sex slaves and would murder their parents if they protested. This was a man deemed so dangerous that both Bill Clinton and Al Gore wrote (and spoke) about the need for "regime change" numerous times when discussing Saddam Hussein. Of course they didn't do anything about it because one was busy getting his rocks off while the other was inventing the internet. Yes we should have waited for Saddam to use his billions in oil money to bankroll Al Qaida against the common enemy, US!!

If what I wrote is typical liberal dribble, this has to qualify as typical RW propaganda.

Hey, I just thought of something kind of silly... I play Right Wing. :p:D

• Members

Thinking that everything America has done is good is as stupid as thinking everything America has done is bad. Open your mind, think a little deeper.

• Members
If what I wrote is typical liberal dribble, this has to qualify as typical RW propaganda.

Hey, I just thought of something kind of silly... I play Right Wing.
:p:D

Right wing?!?!?! Damm, you must really suck at it.

.......shakes head sadly from side to side :(

Archived