Cash For Clunkers

Thunderbroom

• Members

I love that word, formulaic. Very nice.

I see this kind of banter on other fora as well.

When will you realize those that love government to take care of them and their problems will never see anything wrong with a program? It's always about politics, they love their Obama, Reid, Frank, Schumer, Pilosi's no matter how much reason and logic you attempt to apply. Government programs are nearly always destined to fail yet they perpetuate regardless who is in power.

It's a serious 537 collective mental deficiency they have and there's nothing wrong with pointing it out.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm sure they will run health care better...they have proven that in the other programs they run right?
:facepalm:

Word up. Medicare/Medicaid are models of efficiency, cost-savings, and fairness.

What kills me is that there seems to be overwhelming opposition among us peons to socialized medicine, yet Congressional democrats are still hell-bent on cramming this piece of {censored} down our throats, with complete disregard to what anyone actually wants.

As for this Cash for Clunkers failure of a piece of horse {censored}, they snuck this one up on everyone. The least they could have done is plan it out better, but obama is totally incompetent and so are all of his little cockslaves in congress.

C7

• Members

Word up. Medicare/Medicaid are models of efficiency, cost-savings, and fairness.

What kills me is that there seems to be overwhelming opposition among us peons to socialized medicine, yet Congressional democrats are still hell-bent on cramming this piece of {censored} down our throats, with complete disregard to what anyone actually wants.

As for this Cash for Clunkers failure of a piece of horse {censored}, they snuck this one up on everyone. The least they could have done is plan it out better, but obama is totally incompetent and so are all of his little cockslaves in congress.

C7

Same can be said for the nationalization of mortgages, banks, insurance, Chrysler, and GM.

• Moderators

• Original thread starts in order to point out an obviously foolish government program. Most agree.

• One poster chimes in with an extremely hyperbolic statement.

• Said poster is ridiculed by others, tossing in hyperbolic statements of their own.

• Attempt is made to make original posts in thread seem like they're in line with the crazies.

• Thread degenerates.

If it's a debate then by all means let's set rules and guidelines for not only keeping the posts on topic, but also that every post is the same length and takes 30 seconds to read. Any more than that and the red light should flash and bannination action should take place.

If cars were flying off the lots, dealerships wouldn't be the least bit interested in this program. They need the cash.

• Members

If cars were flying off the lots, dealerships wouldn't be the least bit interested in this program. They need the cash.

If $4000 changes that scenario, they need to reconsider pricing structure and advertising not federal bailouts.

• Members

Furthermore, let's not forget about the last administration, especially at the end of the last term. After all, who started the bailouts rolling? If it wasn't for Bush II and Hank Paulson, one could argue that the precedent for our current mess never would've been set. We had a bad fiscal policy under Bush, runaway spending, and a nice WallStreet/banking bailout that failed. Let's not forget things like Medicare Part D, which the Republicans blocked when Clinton was in office but suddenly decided it was okay since "their guy" was President.

• Members

Furthermore, let's not forget about the last administration, especially at the end of the last term. After all, who started the bailouts rolling? If it wasn't for Bush II and Hank Paulson, one could argue that the precedent for our current mess never would've been set. We had a bad fiscal policy under Bush, runaway spending, and a nice WallStreet/banking bailout that failed. Let's not forget things like Medicare Part D, which the Republicans blocked when Clinton was in office but suddenly decided it was okay since "their guy" was President.

Agreed. When Bush started handing out money I started throwing {censored} at my TV. There was a big pile of {censored} in front of my TV before obama ever got elected.:D

C7

• Members

Our tax dollars are actually funding this nonsense. Has there ever been a better application for this smiley?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

This is so completely asinine. I have never been more upset about a government program in my life. The worst part? I, and everyone else my age, will have to pay for this nonsense when the {censored} hits the fan :facepalm:

• Members

This is so completely asinine. I have never been more upset about a government program in my life. The worst part? I, and everyone else my age, will have to pay for this nonsense when the {censored} hits the fan

When i read about them doing this to the BMW, you were the first person I thought of.. going "please don't let him read that... please.."

doh

• Members

When i read about them doing this to the BMW, you were the first person I thought of.. going "please don't let him read that... please.."

doh

hahaha.

Those cars are fantastic. I know someone who has one with almost 400k on it. And it has never had sodium silicate poured into the engine.

• Members

Let us also not forget the s chip or whatever it's called. All done by reps COTUS and POTUS.

It is both parties, they have no idea why they're in power except to spend money and have others give them money so they can spend more money.

{censored} the people. They are stupid. All 537 share these sentiments.

Why read the bill, we're not going to understand it. Conyers & Waxman. :facepalm:

Do you really think people care about the pork spending? Chuck You Schumer.

And the beat goes on.

So you see J, logic has absolutely nothing to do with it. We have no government, what we have is centralized self indulgence.

• Members

Let's see...

My '93 Jeep Cherokee (aka Old Blue) has 205K miles on it. It's been paid off since '94, and has hauled me, Mrs. T, various dogs and a bunch of gear over half the continental US.

It has only let me down once, a year ago when the fuel pump sh*t the bed a mile from my house. It gets @25 mpg on the highway when I drive like a responsible adult.

Old Blue's carbon footprint is down to the cost of fuel and oil, and the emissions from the tailpipe. It passes DEQ every time I bring it in for inspection.

So, I'm supposed to traded in my reliable, paid-off, well-loved ride of the last 16 years to buy a new car I really don't need...

And Old Blue will be scrapped---not resold to some guy who needs, cheap, reliable transportation.

I'll pass, thanks, and hang onto my rig.

• Members

Pure fiat?

Who drives cars worth less than $4500 (and will benefit from this program the most)? Who pays about 97% of the tax the government is paying for this with?

THe best trick the government ever did was divorce the payer from the payee in the public's mind.

• Members

Who drives cars worth less than $4500 (and will benefit from this program the most)? Who pays about 97% of the tax the government is paying for this with?

THe best trick the government ever did was divorce the payer from the payee in the public's mind.

My wife and I were talking about this at breakfast. We - the tax payer - are either subsidizing people who can already afford a car payment OR we are about to see another 3-4 billion $s in loan defaults.

• Members

My wife and I were talking about this at breakfast. We - the tax payer - are either subsidizing people who can already afford a car payment OR we are about to see another 3-4 billion $s in loan defaults.

yup

• Members

Can anyone tell me why this is a good idea?

Printing money without gold backing creates a decline in retail price for American products overseas.........Domestically, people will get new cars while abroad the price of a 'Built In USA' goes down considerably: This keeps USA Auto Factories churning.....or, so, thats the theory

Archived