Cash For Clunkers

Thunderbroom

• Members

You can't pay a guy $37 per hour to sweep floors and remain competitive.

Sure you can, if all your competitors are paying the same or more.

But more to the point, sweeping floors should be an entry level job, not a life long career, and it's probably worth minimum wage in the real world.

This avoids the other issues that big business wants to hide from us when moving production overseas...

They are quite happy that people get all hung up on wage and benefits disparities.

A huge issue is the lack of adherence to / enforcement of: international standards of air/water/land pollution controls, health and safety, etc.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The government gave away a lot of tax money and many people lined up for it.....surprising!
:eek:

:D

You mean the government went into debt to give us some of our own money back... after first giving away billions to useless corporate cocksuckers who didn't deserve it.:poke:

• Moderators
You mean the government went into debt to give us some of our own money back... after
first
giving away billions to useless corporate cocksuckers who didn't deserve it.:poke:

Ford Motor Company didn't take bailout money. I'm not sure they are worthless corporate cocksuckers, as you put it.

• Members

Ford Motor Company didn't take bailout money. I'm not sure they are worthless corporate cocksuckers, as you put it.

Worthless corporate cocksuckers would be 90% of the recipients of bailout-cash.

One of the cornerposts of free-enterprise is the thinning of markets based on economy (demand). If a corporation makes poor business decisions, they should fail... and be allowed to fail by the government.

I know everyone's first thought is "What about all of the employees... it's not their fault the Board made bad decisions."

That's the system, and that's the way it's supposed to work. I am a victim of this exact situation, but it is still a good system that needs to be allowed to work properly.

Remember... I was a Chrysler employee, and my dealership was one of the first in town to close.

• Moderators
Worthless corporate cocksuckers
would be 90% of the recipients of bailout-cash.

One of the cornerposts of free-enterprise is the thinning of markets based on economy (demand). If a corporation makes poor business decisions, they should fail... and be allowed to fail by the government.

I know everyone's first thought is "What about all of the employees... it's not their fault the Board made bad decisions."

That's the system, and that's the way it's supposed to work. I am a victim of this exact situation, but it is still a good system that needs to be allowed to work properly.

Remember... I was a Chrysler employee, and my dealership was one of the first in town to close.

Can't argue with you there. I was trying to get clarification, since my c&p regarded Ford. I'm sick that the free market system is under an all-out assault by our government and most corporations don't have a problem assisting with the demise. Funny that each of them probably started out as a small business a century ago.

• Members

So I can buy this car for $3200 and trade it right in for $4500. And then watch the dealer tech cry as he ruins the engine.

1968 Oldsmobile 455 Rocket - $3200 (Solon/Chagrin Falls)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 2009-08-03, 7:28AM EDT

Reply to: sale-wwyvx-1302974787@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All original 1968 Olds Delta 88 with 99,000 miles. Original 455 c.i. big block Rocket Engine 310hp 2bbl. automatic transmission. Engine is the pre-emissions version built only in 1968 and 1969. Has A/C but needs charged. Body is in very good condition, paint is faded. Under carriage is clean NO RUST. The brakes have new pads, wheel cylinders and drum kits and the brake lines replaced. New belts, filters, alternator, batter and master cylinder. The interior is black in very good condition. Seats and headliner are perfect no rips tears or fading. Have the original wheels and 3 out of 4 hubcaps. Currently has Buick mags. Will need new tires. Well below NADA value Low $ 3,570 Average $ 7,350 High 10,320. Very clean car, a true survivor.

Call 216-337-6026 or after 6:00 p.m. 440-542-0747 or email blaubscher@donleyinc.com

• Members

Ford is taking a bail out if they are participating in the cash for clunkers program.

The fact that the government thinks this some how will dig us out of a rescission by over saturating the market again with new cars with artificially inflated numbers is pretty sad.

• Members

There's a couple of fords I wouldn't mind having...

iacoccamustang_intro.jpg

I drove one of those a week and a half ago. I'm looking for a retirement toy. The dash and steering wheel on the Mustang look like they came out of a van! It was definately not a sports car steering wheel and dash. Also, there's a three line display actuated by three buttons that are blocked by the steering wheel.

• Members

I drove one of those a week and a half ago. I'm looking for a retirement toy. The dash and steering wheel on the Mustang look like they came out of a van! It was definately not a sports car steering wheel and dash. Also, there's a three line display actuated by three buttons that are blocked by the steering wheel.

There are only 45 of these being made. This is the supercharged Lee Iacooca Model.

iacoccamustang_01.jpg

• Members

Nothing new there.

I had a 1980 Mustang that had a sports car steering wheel. This thing had 6 buttons on the bulbuos wheel. There were no analog sports car readouts except speedo and tach. Everything else had to be accessed through the 3 buttons left of the wheel that you can't see while driving without looking around and down.

• Moderators
Ford is taking a bail out if they are participating in the cash for clunkers program.

The fact that the government thinks this some how will dig us out of a rescission by over saturating the market again with new cars with artificially inflated numbers is pretty sad.

This is an incentive program of taxpayer money, not a "bailout." It's not really much different from a government subsidy for farmers or Pell grants for college students.

• CMS Author

Both the seat and the steering wheel are adjustable. If you can't read the info display on the speedo cluster, move something so you can.

pic-59059.jpeg

Archived