to kill a mockingbird

poomwah

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks guys. I personally am not proud of my woodworking skills, I can't even use a router without destroying everything. Luckily my autobody and paint skills are saving this one, lol

The paint for the blade was actually a mistake. I'm using rustoleum laquer. I wantd a silver that wasn't to bright, grabbed one can put it back, grabbed another, put it back, etc. Finally decided on one and grabbed the wrong one. I started spraying and it was super bright. Looked like ghetto chrome. Turned out I had grabbed a can of aluminum

• Members

Well, I think I'm going to scrap this project and use the parts for something else.

The coolness factor just got shot to hell. Cort is selling gene simmons battle axes. So they are going to be everywhere. They aren't nearly as cool if everybody has one

• Members

Well, I think I'm going to scrap this project and use the parts for something else.

The coolness factor just got shot to hell. Cort is selling gene simmons battle axes. So they are going to be everywhere. They aren't nearly as cool if everybody has one

Ah, but you were building yours first, so all the others are cheap imitations.

Remember that.

;)

• Members

And Simmons appears to be selling them for $5000
:rolleyes:

Msrp 699

Damn them

I know mine would be cool in its own right because I'm putting the work in.

But I was really looking forward to the wow factor at shows and such.

Now it would just be oh jeez another damn gene simmons bass

• Members

The 5000 dollar limited editions don't bother me

Its these that are going to flood the market

SunJan17144323AmericaNew_York2010.jpg

Msrp 700 which means gc will have them for about 500 which means they will be everywhere.

I was really looking forward to the reaction to my axe when ppl ask, oh my god, where did you get that? Now it will be , oh yeah, I know a couple guys that have those

• Members

I guess the way I'm looking at it is the axe bass is pretty much a rock and roll icon.

You make limited editions at ridiculously high prices, it keeps them in the hands of the collectors. Unobtainable by most. But mass produce them at a reasonable price, then it becomes just another bass.

I know Gene loved money, but this sucks.

I'm taking a cue from gene, in the acquisition of money, I'm going to wait for gene to die, then sell all my kiss stuff when the value goes up, lol

• Members

I guess the way I'm looking at it is the axe bass is pretty much a rock and roll icon.

You make limited editions at ridiculously high prices, it keeps them in the hands of the collectors. Unobtainable by most. But mass produce them at a reasonable price, then it becomes just another bass.

I know Gene loved money, but this sucks.

I'm taking a cue from gene, in the acquisition of money, I'm going to wait for gene to die, then sell all my kiss stuff when the value goes up, lol

Maybe you should finish you bass, and kill Gene yourself. Then with the money you get from your collectibles you can buy a real Axe bass. :idea:

Archived