to kill a mockingbird

poomwah

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

...aaaaaaand you would have sold that one, too. If you had mentioned to me that you were going to hack it to pieces.
:facepalm:

People here think I'm on meth because I rant like a tweaker. I think poomwah is on meth because he's ACTING like a damn tweaker...
:facepalm:
C7

:lol:

• Members

Yup, once I decide on what kind of wood I'm going to use, I will make new "wings" for it

If I was going to do that project, that is the exact beginning I would have chosen.

Way to bandsaw that {censored}er:thu:

Keep the old wings... if you don't like the new project, you can strip the finish and put them back on with some rosewood stringers.

• Members

If I was going to do that project, that is the exact beginning I would have chosen.

Keep the old wings... if you don't like the new project, you can strip the finish and put them back on with some rosewood stringers.

NICE idea, I hadn't thought of that. I was actually thinking of hanging one of the wings with the cut edge against the wall, then cutting an old head stock and hanging it a couple feet above the wing

• Members

If I was going for a neck thru thing, I would have gone neck thru.

I had a solid bass for my project, this way I don't have to buy parts, and I don't have to do any routing. I could have sold the bass, but buying a neck and pickups alone would cost more than I could have got from selling it.

• Members

+1 I love the look of natural mockingbirds when they have rosewood stripes, redder the better.

• Members

And I think the reason behind sawing off the ends of a bolt on instead of making a new body is convenience. It's easier to cut 2 end caps when you are making a specific body shape, and then attach them than it is to make a whole new body, with pup, bridge and cavity routs to deal with.

I'd do it this way myself if I had a sacrificial lamb to work from.

• Members

And I think the reason behind sawing off the ends of a bolt on instead of making a new body is convenience. It's easier to cut 2 end caps when you are making a specific body shape, and then attach them than it is to make a whole new body, with pup, bridge and cavity routs to deal with.

I'd do it this way myself if I had a sacrificial lamb to work from.

EXACTLY! I am absolutely terrible with a router

Archived