so......will the Bass forum be forced to be On Topic in 2.0?

Cliff Fiscal

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Your idea is lame no matter how many times you post in this thread.

so, essentially it is ok with you to have a bunch of flamers destroying every thread with any kind of relevant information. While the run rampant on what could otherwise be a useful source of info. Not to mention, it drives bass players away, causing this website to lose money. Why not have a separate place for your discussions of penis girth and allow some people to have a forum to discuss their profession/hobby in? Not many people care about someone's penis girth, and it certainly doesn't sell ad space. from a business aspect it is ridiculous, and from any other angle it is also, except your particular view. absurdity. :poke: how long you think it will be allowed t continue? not too much longer let's hope. for the sake of those that want to glean useful information, and those that make their living off of this site.

• Moderators
Why not have a separate place for your discussions of penis girth and allow some people to have a forum to discuss their profession/hobby in? Not many people care about someone's penis girth, and it certainly doesn't sell ad space. from a business aspect it is ridiculous, and from any other angle it is also, except your particular view. absurdity. :poke: how long you think it will be allowed t continue? not too much longer let's hope. for the sake of those that want to glean useful information, and those that make their living off of this site.

I'm not a fan of some of the threads started here. So what? If everything was as I would have it, I would own the site. Hey. There's an idea. Instead of being a whiner with few posts here, why don't you start your own forum? Then you can have a bass forum that is exactly as you would have it.

• Members

so, essentially it is ok with you to have a bunch of flamers destroying every thread with any kind of relevant information. While the run rampant on what could otherwise be a useful source of info. Not to mention, it drives bass players away, causing this website to lose money. Why not have a separate place for your discussions of penis girth and allow some people to have a forum to discuss their profession/hobby in? Not many people care about someone's penis girth, and it certainly doesn't sell ad space. from a business aspect it is ridiculous, and from any other angle it is also, except your particular view. absurdity. :poke: how long you think it will be allowed t continue? not too much longer let's hope. for the sake of those that want to glean useful information, and those that make their living off of this site.

So, you got a bass question?....

Oh, you just have your pantys in a wad, because the forum isn't how you want it to be.

If you don't like it here or how things are run, go hang out at Talk Bass or Ugly Bass Player.

Nuff said

• Members

haha... so maybe we should have a bass lounge. and then another topics area for folks that want to learn something without having to deal with dickhead mods on tb

:)

:facepalm:

This idea is hella lame.

Plus, if we just sat around and talked about bass specifically all day every day, then 1) there'd be A LOT less traffic, as everyone would just go over to TB 2) be boring as hell.

PS - If you ARE trying to learn (because its what you say you want, right?), why you have run-in's with the mods?

• Members

So, essentially, you haven't actually looked in the gear/bass related threads....because if you had, you would know that this claim of yours is false.

Not to mention your suggestion will drive others away. They've as much told you so.
;)

I'm not a fan of some of the threads started here. So what? If everything was as I would have it, I would own the site. Hey. There's an idea. Instead of being a whiner with few posts here, why don't you start your own forum? Then you can have a bass forum that is exactly as you would have it.

I am not saying to close the bull{censored} forum down, simply open an on-topic forum, for the rest of us that care about learning. keep this one the same, but put a more on-topic forum also.

and yes, I have looked at them.

Threads should not have to have the term "I will probably get flamed with this" in the title.

And as for whining? no one is whining. I made a very accurate BUSINESS point. Try reading what the thread title is and what this thread is about. duh. conversation and opinions about the future of the site and whether or not it will be on topic. you should try learning and respecting others opinions in a conversation. that's how it works. ;) and I might only have a few posts because I only can ever find a few relevant threads...

• Members

:facepalm:

This idea is hella lame.

Plus, if we just sat around and talked about bass specifically all day every day, then 1) there'd be A LOT less traffic, as everyone would just go over to TB 2) be boring as hell.

PS - If you ARE trying to learn (because its what you say you want, right?), why you have run-in's with the mods?

1.) see above.

2.) I haven't had any run ins with the mods here. I did on talkbass. for selling too much gear. You will notice no one buys anything here. the classifieds are kinda dead here.

• Moderators
I am not saying to close the bull{censored} forum down, simply open an on-topic forum, for the rest of us that care about learning. keep this one the same, but put a more on-topic forum also.

No kidding? That's what you've been saying all along? I never would have known. Thanks for pointing that out.:rolleyes:

• Moderators
2.) I haven't had any run ins with the mods here. I did on talkbass. for selling too much gear. You will notice no one buys anything here. the classifieds are kinda dead here.

So, IOW, your signature says "ampeg, warwick, and ernie ball slinkys, who needs more??? " yet you had run-ins with the mods on talkbass for selling too much gear.:lol:

• Members

I did on talkbass. for selling too much gear. You will notice no one buys anything here. the classifieds are kinda dead here.

The full story. We're not getting it. :thu:

You PAY for the right to sell there. I think maybe you were bumping too much, spamming your wares in the wrong forums or something. :cop:

• Members

So, IOW, your signature says "ampeg, warwick, and ernie ball slinkys, who needs more??? " yet you had run-ins with the mods on talkbass for selling too much gear.
:lol:

I signed up for this site a LONG time ago, when I was stuck on warwick lol. that has since changed. Plus, my Dad was a session bassist, my brother and I are both session(live and studio) bassists and so is my uncle. We all have major GAS, and have a few hundred basses between us. ;) They thought we owned a business! ;) go figure.

and we aren't talking about that. :)

I probably have eight or nine for sale here alone. not that it will do any good. ;)

• Members

I signed up for this site a LONG time ago, when I was stuck on warwick lol. that has since changed. Plus, my Dad was a session bassist, my brother and I are both session(live and studio) bassists and so is my uncle. We all have major GAS, and have a few hundred basses between us.
;)
They thought we owned a business!
;)
go figure.

With that much gear, you'd think you'd be more of an expert at this point.

I probably have eight or nine for sale here alone. not that it will do any good.
;)

*heads off to look up "threads started by" to see all these fabulous auctions you boast of*

Sees them and a COMPETE lack of threads asking questions. :confused:

Oh I see what you're doing. :idea:

• Members

An abundance of silly threads will not drive users away nearly as quick as a forum that is mostly dormant would. The regular users of this forum have expressed, on multiple occasions, our distaste for the idea of splitting this forum into sections. What makes HCBF a useful resource is that there are always bassists in the forum, even when they are talking about other {censored}. That makes on topic questions more visible and gets them answered quicker and more thoroughly than they would be if the forum were separated.

Also, the forum is particularly silly lately, because of the announcement that all recent threads are going to be lost in the switch. Many of us read that announcement to mean what we are saying right now isn't that big of a deal since it will disappear anyways. I don't find the forum to be too off topic currently, but if 2.0 ends up actually being usable, I expect it to be a bit more on topic than we currently are.

Archived