The latest "Reasons Why Texas Should Be Given Back to Mexico" thread

Kindness

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A serious case of taco whoop-ass.

Hey this is no knock on Texas. Texans and Texas had/have a lot of balls.

But the independent country is a serious historical stretch.

Declaring independence is not independence.

You better believe Texas was begging the US for protection and it wasn't settled until the
US
army rounted the Mexican army.

America (Texas included) - {censored} Yea!

You really need to brush up on your understanding of the history surrounding Texas Independence and the Mexican-American war. The US didn't need to rout the Mexican Army, they already had been routed at San Jacinto. After that, the Mexican army never posed a serious threat to Texas, and their most significant victory was the occupation of San Antonio for 11 days.

• Members
You
really
need to brush up on your understanding of the history surrounding Texas Independence and the Mexican-American war. The US didn't need to rout the Mexican Army, they already had been routed at San Jacinto. After that, the Mexican army never posed a serious threat to Texas, and their most significant victory was the occupation of San Antonio for 11 days.

Yeah, that and the only reason Texas remains a state today, is the fact that the vacuum created by Oklahoma sucking so bad, keeps them from seceding. :lol:

• Moderators

My understanding of Texas history is that Mexico wanted more population in its northern desert, and so offered free land to American settlers on the condition that they become loyal Mexicans. The Americans took the land, but reneged on the promise to be loyal to Mexico, showing themselves to be the low down, double dealing, hoss thieves they remain to this day!

• Members

My understanding of Texas history is that Mexico wanted more population in its northern desert, and so offered free land to American settlers on the condition that they become loyal Mexicans. The Americans took the land, but reneged on the promise to be loyal to Mexico, showing themselves to be the low down, double dealing, hoss thieves they remain to this day!

and your point would be........

• Members

Yeah but they're our low down, double dealing, hoss thieves.

• Members

In honor of a thread where Texas and Mexico are both mentioned:

The left-handed guy on the far right is me, singing the ultra-high harmony. My favorite Townes Van Zandt song. Very much live, Saturday night.

EDIT: Sorry, linky no worky. Here it is again.

Poncho and Lefty, by Townes Van Zandt.

• Members

The left-handed guy on the far right is me, singing the ultra-high harmony. My favorite Townes Van Zandt song. Very much live, Saturday night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmahNJroOns

Cool vid even if the bassist was blocked out a bit in the middle. :mad:

• Members

Awesome song.

If this isn't proof of humans and dinosaurs, I don't know what is... Ringo FTW

[YOUTUBE]pGepwTmhBtA[/YOUTUBE]

Archived