The latest "Reasons Why Texas Should Be Given Back to Mexico" thread

Kindness

• Members

To "give it back" one would have to have taken it in the first place. Being an independant nation that won it's own independance unlike other states and then choosing (much to the benefit of the US) to join this country......

I'd have to say you've made a technical error here.

:)

BTW, Texas Dinosaurs were better than your Illinois dinosaurs......fact. :mad:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Being an independant nation that won it's own independance

Most "Texians" were originally American citizens, and the majority of the Texian Army came from the US after the beginning of the war...:poke:

Without US citizens from US states volunteering, there's no way Texas could have "won it's own" independence from anything...;)

Or are the history textbooks down in Texas as bad as the biology textbooks? :p

• Moderators

So what is this?

A slam on Mexico?

JK. Don't mess with Texas.

Yes. A good friend of mine Brother Mango is known for talking about giving Texas back to Mexico. It's nonsense and silly and makes me laugh, but here's one more reason to do it!

• Members

It's polls like this that make texans snap and fly airplanes into... Oh wait... I might to listen to what Kindness has to say, cause there are a couple of guys in that other thread that thinks every lunatic needs to be listened to and we need to decide why they feel the way they do and meditate on how it affects us... :poke:

• Members

Independent country?

Yeah, for about a hot minute before the USA rescued them.

To "give it back" one would have to have taken it in the first place. Being an independant nation that won it's own independance unlike other states and then
choosing
(much to the benefit of the US) to join this country......

BTW, Texas Dinosaurs were better than your Illinois dinosaurs......fact.
:mad:

• Members

To "give it back" one would have to have taken it in the first place. Being an independant nation that won it's own independance unlike other states and then
choosing
(much to the benefit of the US) to join this country......

BTW, Texas Dinosaurs were better than your Illinois dinosaurs......fact.
:mad:

Only Texans can break dinosaurs. :idk:

ride-the-dinosaur.jpg

• Members

Most "Texians" were originally American citizens, and the majority of the Texian Army came from the US
after
the beginning of the war...:poke:

Without US citizens from US states volunteering, there's no way Texas could have "won it's own" independence from anything...
;)

Or are the history textbooks down in Texas as bad as the biology textbooks?
:p

True, true...which negate exactly nothing I've said. It's the friendly relations we had with those lesser states that convinced us to join y'all...you know, incase y'all also needed help with somthin'.

:D

• Members

A serious case of taco whoop-ass.

Hey this is no knock on Texas. Texans and Texas had/have a lot of balls.

But the independent country is a serious historical stretch.

Declaring independence is not independence.

You better believe Texas was begging the US for protection and it wasn't settled until the US army rounted the Mexican army.

America (Texas included) - {censored} Yea!

Rescued an Independant Texas from what, exactly?
:confused:

• Moderators

so, it's ok for a mod to be a troll?

How is this trolling? I'm not pretending to elicit legitimate discussion, I'm not trying to get people riled up, I just made an obnoxiously goofy thread based on a recurring joke and very openly admit it. :idk:

• Members

You gotta love it.

Don't mess with Texas!

True, true...which negate exactly nothing I've said. It's the friendly relations we had with those lesser states that convinced us to join y'all...you know, incase y'all also needed help with somthin'.

:D

• Members

How is this trolling? I'm not pretending to elicit legitimate discussion, I'm not trying to get people riled up, I just made an obnoxiously goofy thread based on a recurring joke and very openly admit it.
:idk:

Leave Kindness alone. Some of us like him better when he's just a dude.:o

Archived