OT: Anne Coulter FTL..

zachoff

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Shutting down Coulter's speech because it doesnt agree with one's own political views is not a Coulter FTL. I don't agree with her MO generally, but that's pretty sad. Canada ought to be embarrassed.

:thu:

• Members

Shutting down Coulter's speech because it doesnt agree with one's own political views is not a Coulter FTL. I don't agree with her MO generally, but that's pretty sad. Canada ought to be embarrassed.

Well, technically it was Coulter and the organizers who shut down the speech as they deemed it 'unsafe'. While by the accounts I've read, there was no sign of violence on the part of the protesters. But, whatever makes the media machine turn.

• Members

Well, technically it was Coulter and the organizers who shut down the speech as they deemed it 'unsafe'. While by the accounts I've read, there was no sign of violence on the part of the protesters. But, whatever makes the media machine turn.

Yup.

• Members

Yup. She wants to blame the Uni for canceling her, and fanning flames of hate, but the fact is that her head of security ended the event, not the (as still) peaceful protesters.

I mean seriously... they were Canadian protesters. :rolleyes:

If it doesn't involve trees or seal clubbing, how up in arms do you really think any of us will ever get? :lol:

• Members

My comment was based on the assumption the likeliness of pot smoking would increase and the likeliness of people in attendance whose names are "Francois" would decrease.

Very good points, on this matter you are likely correct.

Now, were this about trees? Holy {censored}, stand back and make some popcorn, it's about to get messy. :lol:

• Members

Hockey sticks and maple syrup come from trees. :poke:

Oh {censored}... :lol:

Where do pucks and ice and fiberglass come from?!?! More to hockey than sticks!! :mad:

My hockey sticks are made out of carbon fiber. :o

• Moderators

I don't agree with Coulter.

The thugs are jackasses and it's a disgrace that they had their way.

Are they? I admit I'm unclear as to what, exactly, happened. Coulter's people are saying that the students were "threatening", but were there any actual threats? Or were there protests, and Coulter's people decided to milk this for more than it was worth, cancel, and blame the "threatening" students, saying that it wasn't safe for her to appear?

Archived