OT: Anne Coulter FTL..

zachoff

• Members

I Love Ann Coulter. She is hot (a bit on the skinny side) and she is quite witty.
:love:
:love:

Most of you guys just don't understand her humor.

I guess you have to hate other groups to get her humor.

I'm glad I don't understand it. I'm not surprised you do.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Any parent is familiar with the old 'it was just a joke' routine. It's so old it's got hair on it. It's a bull{censored} excuse for an obviously racist comment.

We teach our children to think before they speak because they need to be responsible for the consequences of their statements. Coulter has the same responsibility.

I would protest a racist addressing my kids. I would protest the KKK, I would protest the American Nazi Party, I would protest Louis Farrakhan and I would protest Anne Coulter, among others. She has nothing positive to offer society other than conflict.

What about the
protester's
freedom of speech?

Exactly. The article says "threatening." Yet no specific "threatening" quotes are provided. You'd think if there were theatening quotes, they'd include some of them. Damn unsensational Canadian media! :mad:

She wanted to speak. They assembled. She bailed. Freedom for everyone. :thu:

• Members

I'd be really curious to know exactly how many who have posted in this thread have actually listened to her for any length of time, which is the only real way to know what she's about. Personally, I know who she is and that's about it, I'm not anywhere near qualified to offer an opinion.

• Moderators

Coulter was schedueled to speak, recieved a veiled letter from university academic vice-president Francois Houle about hate-speech being a crime in Canada, showed up to a mob, cancelled, and is now the bad guy. glad I could catch you up!
:D

So no actual threat was issued, just a reminder of the law, and she (or her handlers) decided that her speech would likely fall afoul of the hate speech laws, and chose to take the cowards way out. Got it.

Thanks! :D

• Members

I'd be really curious to know exactly how many who have posted in this thread have actually listened to her for any length of time, which is the only real way to know what she's about. Personally, I know who she is and that's about it, I'm not anywhere near qualified to offer an opinion.

I have.

She's a hateful person.

How many quotes do you need? 15? 30? Just let me know.

If you know who she is and what she's about, please share. How can you know who she is and what's she about, but not be qualified to offer an opinion... on HCBF, no less? :D

What a strange post.

Given your support for Prop 8, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

• Members

Another fun article from the evil liberal CBC media for those interested.

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2010/03/24/f-rfa-macdonald.html

Nice background on the organizer, Ezra Levant and his history of similar shenanigans. I don't see how this could have gone better for Coulter - more time in the media and $10,000 for doing nothing to boot.

• Members

Without even seeing the you tube or whatever the hell was posted, I think she is a hateful, mean spirited and evil person. Whoever has respect for her or likes her is out of their damned mind, IMO.

Sorry.

• Members

Shutting down Coulter's speech because it doesnt agree with one's own political views is not a Coulter FTL. I don't agree with her MO generally, but that's pretty sad. Canada ought to be embarrassed.

why??? the majority has spoken like in any democracy... they don't want to hear her speak...

• Members

Another fun article from the evil liberal CBC media for those interested.

Nice background on the organizer, Ezra Levant and his history of similar shenanigans. I don't see how this could have gone better for Coulter - more time in the media and $10,000 for doing nothing to boot.

That sounds about right. Her angle has always been to spout controversy for publicity, then sell books to the wackos that agreed with the crazy.

• Members

why??? the majority has spoken like in any democracy... they don't want to hear her speak...

We didn't, but the event was canceled by the promoter himself, it was clearly a publicity stunt unto itself, and we sadly bought it and helped them. :facepalm:

• Members

She'll be on O'Reilly tonight if you want her side of the story. It is the "No Spin Zone" after all.

Well, isn't that convenient. I wonder when she was booked for this appearance?

The optimist in me says she was booked after the whole College flap, but there's this little cynical part of me that thinks she was booked long ago and manufactured some headlines to bump the audience for her appearance on O'Rly.

Optimist or cynic - you decide!

Archived