Other speaker manufacturers besides Eminence?

zachoff

• Members

I'm pretty sure that Carvin drivers are rebranded Eminence.

Yes, as well as a few others.

JBL doesn't make musical instrument drivers anymore.

Anything in the 22 series has been popular for musical instrument as well as pro use for a long time. And the new differential drive stuff would make amazing bass cab drivers.

• Moderators

Anything in the 22 series has been popular for musical instrument as well as pro use for a long time. And the new differential drive stuff would make amazing bass cab drivers.

True on both counts. Likewise, neither point makes what I wrote false.

The JBL Professional Series drivers make great bass speakers. Always have. If one likes a smooth, relatively uncolored sound, that is.

• Members

The JBL Professional Series drivers make great bass speakers. Always have. If one likes a smooth, relatively uncolored sound, that is.

The subtext inferred there is that the line between a pro and bass guitar driver may be merely one of semantics, specifically, what the manufacturer chooses to call it. Look at Peavey's use of BW drivers and EVs EVM series as other examples.

And, in the case of the JBL 22-line of speakers, many guitarists swear by them as well.

• Members

I don't know any guitarists that use JBLs. Guitarists, in my experience, tend to prefer the big mid boost that an elevated breakup region gives. Though I'm sure that there are exceptions.

Metal is one very popular genre for guitar speakers without a prominant midboost or early breakup.

• Members

I'm pretty sure that Carvin drivers are rebranded Eminence.

JBL doesn't make musical instrument drivers anymore.

You are wrong. Carvin used to use eminence, but not any longer. I believe they are either rebranded Celestion or some no-name brand, or their own made overseas. tough to say.

Definitely not eminence though anymore.

• Members

You are wrong. Carvin used to use eminence, but not any longer. I believe they are either rebranded Celestion or some no-name brand, or their own made overseas. tough to say.

Definitely not eminence though anymore.

They still use Eminence, as well as B&C, Fostex, Celestion, and others.

Archived