What are your hopes and goals for 2009?

MartinC

• Members

That's the problem .. I enjoy it, even though I know it's destructive. I was thinking of trying that pill that makes you not like it anymore, and wear like 15 patches at the same time lol.

Thx for the mojo!

I used nicotine gum and after one box of it (about 2-3 weeks I think) I was done.

• Members

That's the problem .. I enjoy it, even though I know it's destructive. I was thinking of trying that pill that makes you not like it anymore, and wear like 15 patches at the same time lol.

Thx for the mojo!

No don't take Chantix and then use patches. One supresses Nicotines affects on the brain and one introduces a cleaner Nictorine by way of time release in the patch. Chantix is a prescription drug. Most of my clients don't have too much success with it.

• Members

Get my own band going at least by summer (preferably spring).

Work on my lead vocals some more.

Improve my stage presence as a frontman.

Refresh my lead guitar playing skills instead of relying on the same stale licks.

Play some solo acoustic gigs, just to see how it goes.

Record a solo acoustic CD of originals (perhaps solo versions of songs I already wrote).

Lose more like 50 lbs (but 20 is probably more doable).

Buy a Floyd Rose-equipped, 24 fret guitar for my arsenal.

Sell some of my crappier guitars.

Buy a camcorder for capturing the band's live shows.

Buy a newer Apple laptop so I can run my Adobe graphic design package (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc) at a much faster speed than it does on my old G3 iMac.

Buy a large LCD widescreen TV and Blu-Ray player so I can finally have a great home theater experience (already have the surround system).

Become a better guitar teacher.

Make my websites look kick ass instead of idling on "okay."

Spend more time with family and relatives (everyone's getting older; who knows how much longer we all have...).

And last but not least:

Finally finish my concept album, release it on CD and iTunes and watch the millions pour in (yeah right...but I'll be happy just to have it completed anyway).

• Members

2008 was a pretty good year for me, all told. My boss was promoted, and since I'm his assistant, my job was put under a new classification. So I got a substantial raise to do the same job I was doing before. True, I'm busier because he has more responsibilities, but still...it almost feels like winning the lottery.

The band was stuck in idle for a good chunk of the year as two members dealt with health and personal issues. They both departed in summer. The two new guys who came on board really gave us a shot in the arm. They are definitely focused on tightening up the band and improving our gigs. We finished 2008 strong and are looking to build on it in the next year.

My 10th anniversary is coming up in September. We were hoping to travel to Australia, but unless there's a significant drop in airfares, that won't happen. With the economy, we don't want to put too much on our credit cards. We may have to take a trip closer to home. I'm lobbying for Monterey, California. And hey, whaddaya know...the Monterey Jazz Festival takes place in September! What are the odds? ;)

I'm looking to sell off some the guitars I don't play...I need to spruce up my 1981 G&L F-100 and put it out there. I'm holding off on buying any guitars, but I have a lot of modding projects I want to get to. I want to record more more, I've got the gear, I just need to use it.

I would love to lose the requisite 20 pounds...I need to be more active overall. I'm generally healthy, and I'd like to keep it that way. Things are pretty good right now, and I want to be able to enjoy it.

• Members

Thx for the mojo!

You'll never quit until your brain realizes how stupid and annoying it is. All that other {censored} is a waste of your time.

• Members

Gig regularly at music-oriented venues, not skeevy dives where the band is an afterthought.

Play more outdoor, all ages, 'music in the park' type gigs. I love those.

Write new music. That's been on hold as we brought on the new guitarist, and then his wife had multiple surgeries last year. Record in 2010 once we have enough songs.

For myself:

Continue working to improve on guitar.

Even tho I only smoke 2 -3 cigs a day, they gotta go.

Work on solo acoustic tunes ... put more time into it than last year.

Be a more effective negotiator when booking the band.

• Members

I plan on spending more time learning new things on guitar. I have a an instructional book or two and I plan on working thorugh the books and see what I can learn.

Work up to a little better paying gigs. We have decided to jack our fee up by $50 a night for small bars. I hope it goes over OK with the tough economic times.

Max

• Members

Writing new original material and actually finishing them...

Practice jazz scales more...

My wife and I agreed not to do any birthdays or even Christmas this year, aside from a greeting card and a dinner date or two. We're focusing our finances towards home improvements and a getaway vacation.

Archived