"I Wanna Be a Billionaire" : Anyone playing it?

New Trail

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Never learn a song because it's easy. Try to only learn a song because it is good!

I didn't say that was the reason he should learn it. I said, or at least meant, it goes over well and as an added bonus it's easy to learn.

• Members

I hate that song. Too many people wishing and waiting for their lottery checks to come in.

I've been debating on writing a whole album with libertarian views. I've always wondered how that would go over. Hollywood and the music industry have fed the public enough U2 garbage about peace on Earth, I always wonder what would happen if the other side had a musical outlet...

• Members

I've been debating on writing a whole album with libertarian views. I've always wondered how that would go over. Hollywood and the music industry have fed the public enough U2 garbage about peace on Earth, I always wonder what would happen if the other side had a musical outlet...

Isn't that what a lot of country music is all about?

• Members

I'm just curious about it. What if 50 cent did a whole album on working hard, saving money, and raising his family the right way.

Or if Green Day took off their mascara, and wrote a song about the necessary evil of war and defending America?

• Members

I don't listen to a lot of country. The country I do hear is ACTUALLY pop, like tayler hicks or whatever her name is. And its never about politics.

Sure it is. There's a ton of "working hard, saving money, and raising his family the right way, necessary evil of war and defending America" lyrics in country music.

• Members

Well I guess I just haven't listened to COUNTRY in a while.

It's been a predominate theme in country music for decades.

Okay... so take those lyrics and put them in a pop format. Would they sell? Could Lady Gaga sell it?

They'd be country/pop artists then. These days with so much country being pop/rock, there isn't a whole lot more than the lyrical content to define it as "country" a lot of the time.

• Members

I hate that song. Too many people wishing and waiting for their lottery checks to come in.

I'd buy it!

I lied, I'd probably download it off the interwebz for freez!

• Members

I think you're overthinking it. It's just a guy's goofy fantasy of what life as a billionaire would be like. Who doesn't wonder every once in a while.

• Members

I think you're overthinking it. It's just a guy's goofy fantasy of what life as a billionaire would be like. Who doesn't wonder every once in a while.

Yeah you're probably right. It just frustrates me. My generation spends half their day on Facebook wishing for more money.

It just reminds me of guys like green day that live in mansions and complain in their music about the kind of people that live in mansions.

Just once I'd like to hear a song that goes... "I plan to be a billionaire, by working real fricken hard..."

• Members

Yeah you're probably right. It just frustrates me. My generation spends half their day on Facebook wishing for more money.

It just reminds me of guys like green day that live in mansions and complain in their music about the kind of people that live in mansions.

Just once I'd like to hear a song that goes... "I plan to be a billionaire, by working real fricken hard..."

I hear you can be on the cover of Forbes Magazine ...

• Members

...It just reminds me of guys like green day that live in mansions and complain in their music about the kind of people that live in mansions....

Yeah, I hear ya, just like when George Strait or Alan Jackson sings about working in the sawmill all day. Yeah, RIGHT!!!

• Members

Dude, it's entertainment. Entertainment is about escaping. Yeah, "Fast Car" is a brilliant song, but on my drive home this afternoon, I want to hear that it's Friday night, I'm going to win the lottery, get drunk and score with 3 hot chicks.

And I'm 38. I have a son that I want to keep that idealistic peace on earth attitude for as long as possible. He'll have plenty of time later in life to have reality take a {censored} on him. Personally, I don't need my music to do that to me. YMMV

• Members

Dude, it's entertainment. Entertainment is about escaping. Yeah, "Fast Car" is a brilliant song, but on my drive home this afternoon, I want to hear that it's Friday night, I'm going to win the lottery, get drunk and score with 3 hot chicks.

And I'm 38. I have a son that I want to keep that idealistic peace on earth attitude for as long as possible. He'll have plenty of time later in life to have reality take a {censored} on him. Personally, I don't need my music to do that to me. YMMV

Well thats only your opinion on music. Some would argue that music is about truth, or ideals, or conviction.

Look at RATM. They aren't about escaping. They are about their "truth," but it just happens to be on the other end of the spectrum.

Archived