Songs for a wedding?

• Members
Here's the setlist we did at a recent wedding. You by no means have to do these exact same songs. It isn't important that you do "Brown Eyed Girl" or "Shout" or "Don't Stop Believin'" specifically. But it IS important that you give them familiar songs they can have a good time partying to. The reasons this set works VERY well for us at weddings are these:

1) a variety of material. You see how we start we some older, cheezy stuff at the beginning, work our way through styles and age-of-material and end up rocking hard at the end. This format works very well. And at a wedding, more so than at any nightclub, you're going to have a wide variety of people and tastes. So giving them a couple of country songs, AND a couple of disco songs, AND a couple of hard rockers is important to do if you can.

2) sing-a-long/dance-a-long stuff the get the audience involved. It's a wedding. They want to celebrate. Let it be THEIR party and you provide the backdrop for them to do so.

SET 1

BROWN EYED GIRL

BRICK HOUSE

YOU MAY BE RIGHT

I WANT YOU TO WANT ME

LET

• Members
This an awesome list similar to one we do for most pricate gigs assuming they are there to party. Easy at the start and rockin at the end works - sometimes we even get away with Enter Sandman and Crazy Train at the end if they are rockin' hard enough.

Thanks. Posting my setlist ended up being completely irrelvant for the thread topic though. I need to learn to read better. :facepalm:

But yeah, those two songs would work I'm sure. Not the best fit for my band, so we do other rockers instead, but if you guys kill on "Sandman" then I have no doubt the audience would eat it up.

• Members

At my daughter's wedding, they couldn't afford a band (because they wanted to spend the money on a 4 week Italian honeymoon-I'm jealous!) so they ran an ipod through my PA. The stuff they picked was all over the road...Sinatra and Martin to AC/DC to Maroon 5 to Kenny Chesney to Akon...and those kids danced to all of it. It was weird, but fun to watch and encouraging, too, that they not only danced to it but that they took the time to select it and out it on an ipod.

• Members

At my daughter's wedding, they couldn't afford a band (because they wanted to spend the money on a 4 week Italian honeymoon-I'm jealous!) so they ran an ipod through my PA. The stuff they picked was all over the road...Sinatra and Martin to AC/DC to Maroon 5 to Kenny Chesney to Akon...and those kids danced to all of it. It was weird, but fun to watch and encouraging, too, that they not only danced to it but that they took the time to select it and out it on an ipod.

Yep. That's one of the things I dig about playing weddings. Yeah, the songs need to be familiar to point of being cheesy for the most part, but the variety of stuff you can play makes it interesting and fun. Plus everybody is having such a good time it's almost impossible for the gigs to not be huge successes.

• Members

My daughter got married last Saturday. She asked me to do a song, so I did Van Morrison's 'Crazy Love'.

Congrats.

And a great song from Van, too.

We've had multiple requests on wedding gigs for "At Last" (Etta James) and "She's Everything (Brad Paisley).

Archived