And then...depression set in

flemtone

• Members

I was just going to page 4 and then.....it's gone.

I loved that thread.

Like a man dying of thirst loves a glass of cool clear water, like a mother loves her firstborn, like a wanking guitarplayer loves an open-mic blues jam played at over the last two years...

Then, suddenly, it was out of my life. Like a soap bubble in a cactus farm, it just was too beautiful to live.

*sheds tear, puts on 'Vincent', cries into beer*

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yea me too,,,,, I was laughin my ass off at it. All the big dogs were on the hook floppin like mad,,, oh the excitiment. He was like capt ahab out to harpoon the great white whales of harmony central ,,,,, thar she blows ,, arggggggggg matey

I am in the middle of packing up my whole household, and am stressed to the max,, the truck i gotta drive is at the dealer with a cooling problem they cant seem to fix ,, i have the moving truck due at high noon tomorrow , and a a closing on my house,,, no truck or transportation ,,, I cant even cook a meal because the kitchen is packed up... and no guitarflyer to humor me in the middle of this goat rodio. :poke: what gives ,,,

• Members

You missed most of the good stuff, flemtone. :(

Squid saved him years of embarassment by deleting the thread altogether. Ya know, I was starting to feel sorry for the guy. Waging a one-man war against the entire world must be very lonely.

That having been said, I was thoroughly entertained. Definitely 5-star trolling. :thu:

• Members

I am in the middle of packing up my whole household, and am stressed to the max,, the truck i gotta drive is at the dealer with a cooling problem they cant seem to fix ,, i have the moving truck due at high noon tomorrow , and a a closing on my house,,, no truck or transportation ,,, I cant even cook a meal because the kitchen is packed up... and no guitarflyer to humor me in the middle of this goat rodio. :poke: what gives ,,,

That sucks, Tim. I hope they get your truck figured out. Moving is enough of a PITA, let alone having to deal with that crap. It will be over soon. Keep your eye on the prize. :thu:

• Members

Yea me too,,,,, I was laughin my ass off at it. All the big dogs were on the hook floppin like mad,,, oh the excitiment. He was like capt ahab out to harpoon the great white whales of harmony central

He set the bait, fired the harpoon, and then he got pulled into the water. :lol:

Yeah, that thread was epic.

I miss that guy already. :cry:

• Members

He set the bait, fired the harpoon, and then he got pulled into the water.
:lol:

Yeah, that thread was epic.

I miss that guy already.
:cry:

Where I live they pay good money for that ,, they call it tubein. 50 grand for the nautique,,3500 for the boat lift,100 bucks for the tube and you need a driver and a spotter. Epic thread.

• Members

AND HE GOT BANT?!?!?
:eek:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
:cry:

And its part your fault ,,,,, you big bully :poke: I hope you get booked on a big high paying gig out of town where they fly you in for the gig and ,, and when you get on board guitarflyer says welcome aboard ,,, sit down shut up , buckle up and dont touch any red knobs. :thu:

• Members

everyone can join me in my cave of woe and misery.

Everyone except that Big Stinky Inky Moderator. I know he had his reasons, but that thread should have been stickied as an example of this group's "coming of age", where we all joined hands and fought a common enemy.

This should have been treasured as BWTB's Finest Hour. Fie unto him that besmirched it with the Hammer of the Bant.

Fie, I say unto thee! Fie!!!

• Members

WAIT A MINUTE!!!!! His name is TIM?????? guitarflyer also goes by that moniker. VERY SUSPICIOUS

Oh wait ,, my name is Tim tooooo,,,,,, I CONFESSSSSS IT WAS MEEEEEEEE:p

That sucks, Tim. I hope they get your truck figured out. Moving is enough of a PITA, let alone having to deal with that crap. It will be over soon. Keep your eye on the prize.
:thu:

• Moderators

The thread in question was getting just a wee bit thick with insults, threats, and personal information. I couldn't let it stay.

Our friend was actually first temp-banned by another moderator for his actions in another forum. I lengthened said ban for making threats. He returned as a "be-back" alt and was then issued a perma-ban. Yes, he was triple-banned in one day.

:facepalm:

I think I could be making some admonitions to a few people here about adding fuel to the fire and crossing the line a bit (not that the guy wasn't bringing it on himself), but any finger-wagging on my part would have to follow re-reading all 23 pages of that mess, and I don't think I can bring myself to do that, so I think it's just better to move on.

:p

By the way, the thread isn't deleted. It's just in a safe place. ;)

• Members

Our friend was actually
first
temp-banned by another moderator for his actions in another forum. I lengthened said ban for making threats. He returned as a "be-back" alt and was then issued a perma-ban. Yes, he was triple-banned in one day.

:eek:

ZOMG

Dude was serious.

• Members

The thread in question was getting just a
wee bit
thick with insults, threats, and personal information. I couldn't let it stay.

Our friend was actually
first
temp-banned by another moderator for his actions in another forum. I lengthened said ban for making threats. He returned as a "be-back" alt and was then issued a perma-ban. Yes, he was triple-banned in one day.

I think I could be making some admonitions to a few people here about adding fuel to the fire and crossing the line a bit (not that the guy wasn't bringing it on himself), but any finger-wagging on my part would have to follow re-reading all 23 pages of that mess, and I don't think I can bring myself to do that, so I think it's just better to move on.

:p

By the way, the thread isn't deleted. It's just in a safe place.
;)

What sucks is all of that rot only really happened at the very end of the thread.

Dammit man, I was hoping people would stay just on the right side of the line enough to make that thread a classic keeper.

Dude really rolled with the punches for quite a while and it was very entertaining (even for him apparently) until people started getting pissed off.

So now he's perma and we have nothing to remember him by. That makes me sad. :cry:

• Members

...I hope you get booked on a big high paying gig out of town where they fly you in for the gig and...

Then he would have to be an all original band. Originals are the only way to have high paying gigs. Cover bands just wallow away in their pathetic existence rolling between dive bars in a rut that cover band musicians are too sucky to get out of...

• Members

Then he would have to be an all original band. Originals are the only way to have high paying gigs. Cover bands just wallow away in their pathetic existence rolling between dive bars in a rut that cover band musicians are too sucky to get out of...

LOL

I sometimes wonder if any of our more well-healed clientele have these kinds of thoughts about us (my band) while we're entertaining them. :lol:

I've definitely run into a couple of well-heeled musical wannabe's over the years; the funniest ones are the ones that think they can buy their way onto a stage while ignoring their lack of ability to play music on a stage in front of anybody.

Kinda like what we had going on here. I kinda feel bad in retrospect: we definitely piled on more than a little bit, but man o man, this guy was something else. :facepalm:

• Members

And its part your fault ,,,,, you big bully :poke: I hope you get booked on a big high paying gig out of town where they fly you in for the gig and ,, and when you get on board guitarflyer says welcome aboard ,,, sit down shut up , buckle up and dont touch any red knobs.
:thu:

I wonder if he''s going to take me up on my offer? :lol:

Archived