CMA Awards last night: It's hard to believe that Taylor Swift wasn't named...

New Trail

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She's the first person I've ever heard that made Stevie Nicks sound brilliant, by comparison

The carnage starts at 1:40

sLuXw7k9orM

I remember being in the other room when my wife was watching this.

I was like "WTF ARE YOU WATCHING, IN THERE?!?!?"

Check out Waddy Wachtel at 3:15 with a look like "...what a {censored}ing trainwreck!"

But really...the whole thing just goes to show what a {censored}ing fraud her voice is.

• Members

Check out Waddy Wachtel at 3:15 with a look like "...what a {censored}ing trainwreck!"

But really...the whole thing just goes to show what a {censored}ing fraud her voice is.

well, Stevie IS brilliant. Weird, sometimes Taylor is spot on and sounds really good, other times she really hangs flat.

• Members

is that Waddy playing the white LP? Killer tone! Always liked his playing style.

• Members

Taylor Swift was Entertainer of the Year and Female Vocalist of the Year last year, according to Wikipedia. I have no problem with Brad Paisley winning Entertainer of the Year this year... I just question how Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert could win Male and Female Vocalist.

On the other hand.. do awards shows really even matter that much? Public opinion isn't usually swayed all that much by them, is it?

• Members

Autotune might actually help her. Damn that was bad.

• Members

Geez, I don't know. That last song, its easy to see why she is so immensely popular. Its a perfect pop song, and it was delivered perfectly. Very catchy, and the rootsy tones sound great. And she plays guitar thru the whole thing instead of strumming a little the first 15 seconds and then ignoring the instrument. Pretty refreshing, IMO.

• Members
Taylor Swift was Entertainer of the Year and Female Vocalist of the Year last year, according to Wikipedia. I have no problem with Brad Paisley winning Entertainer of the Year this year... I just question how Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert could win Male and Female Vocalist.

On the other hand.. do awards shows really even matter that much? Public opinion isn't usually swayed all that much by them, is it?

I like Miranda! She is trailer-trash spunky!

• Members

Geez, I don't know. That last song, its easy to see why she is so immensely popular. Its a perfect pop song, and it was delivered perfectly. Very catchy, and the rootsy tones sound great. And she plays guitar thru the whole thing instead of strumming a little the first 15 seconds and then ignoring the instrument. Pretty refreshing, IMO.

I have no problem with Ms. Swift. She's cute as a button and seems like the perfect contemporary pop star. And autotune? Heck, you probably HAVE to have some degree of autotune on your voice just to make any record sound contemporary. Like using slap-back delay was 50 years ago.

I just question the whole 'country' deal is all.

• Members

well, Stevie IS brilliant. Weird, sometimes Taylor is spot on and sounds really good, other times she really hangs flat.

Stevie Nicks sounds like a bleating, dying sheep.

I have never heard Taylor Swift sound good, unless there was some "audio processing" going on. She played the Jubilee Fest in Montgomery, and her lack of vocal skill was so offensive, I wanted to go over to the soundboard and turn off her mic.

• Members
I have no problem with Ms. Swift. She's cute as a button and seems like the perfect contemporary pop star. And autotune? Heck, you probably HAVE to have
some
degree of autotune on your voice just to make any record sound contemporary. Like using slap-back delay was 50 years ago.

well, yeah. She's as country as Shania, and what's her name (the other overly popular blondie during that same timeframe) and she also writes and seems to play just fine. So no, not remotely country, but she is Nashville for sure. Nashville is a cool place. Lotsa mega-stars, very little snotty attitudes.

• Members

I used the term "offensive" in my last post and that is exactly how I feel about "new country".

The homogenized sound, autotuned vocals, insipid lyrics, and just the entire formula completely offends me, as a musician and a music-lover.

Give me Buck Owens, George Jones, and Conway Twitty, any day, over that new {censored}.

Archived