Shot and edited this with no budget

botkiller

• Members

honestly, I'm not in the mood to argue. I've taken criticism from all manner of producers, musicians, and everyone inbetween, I have no problem with it, nor do I want people to kiss my ass, so please, don't, and thanks for not. I'd prefer constructive criticism, but you know, that's up to the criticizer
;)

Thanks for watching.

Take it all in stride man, there's some bad angles & shots I would've edited out personally, but meh, you'll just get better and better with it. Overall for the budget/time investment, it's damn good. Can't really ask for any better for being a noob. haters will hate.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Take it all in stride man, there's some bad angles & shots I would've edited out personally, but meh, you'll just get better and better with it. Overall for the budget/time investment, it's damn good. Can't really ask for any better for being a noob. haters will hate.

Yes, because everyone knows criticism= hate.
:facepalm:

• Members

Thanks for watching! I'm super happy with it, it's some of the best editing I feel I've ever done, and it's done very well so far.

• Members

Yes criticism is hating........

Well, no, it isn't. Not when it comes to judging works of art, anyway. Movie, art, music critics are often positive and glowing in their criticisms. If you think criticism is only a negative thing, you're using the incorrect defiinition as applies to this subject.

• Members
I love that now we're posting the dictionary definition of criticizing. HC is GREAT
:)

Look, Sport, someone said my criticism of your video= hate. He then said there was a difference between criticism and critiquing. I schooled him on it, not with an opinion but a fact. I replied to him, not you, but since you said this

Got it. Next time someone calls what I worked on bland, I'll make sure to roll over and take it

I just figured I'd follow your cue. Or would you roll over and take it if someone said you were being hateful for merely offering an opinion? Yeah, sure you would. :facepalm:

• Members

Look, Sport, someone said my criticism of your video= hate. He then said there was a difference between criticism and critiquing. I schooled him on it, not with an opinion but a fact. I replied to him, not you, but since you said this

I just figured I'd follow your cue. Or would you roll over and take it if someone said you were being hateful for merely offering an opinion? Yeah, sure you would.

Actually you didn't school me on anything. I logged off and had other things to do :p

I also think there is a ton of improvement to be made to the vid, but for the stipulations involved(amateur crew, low budget, etc) it's actually really good in that regard. I could break his vid down frame by frame, and put it through the ringer, but it's not my project so I don't feel like investing that much time into it.

A critique is a detailed evaluation of something. The formal way to request one is

• Members

While I think that the video was very well done, I wouldn't exactly call it no budget. Maybe more like low budget.

That being said I think the OP was saying that bands should step it up from the basic shot-in-the-bar-single-static-camera-beer-signs-on-the-wall-half-the-band-in-darkness videos you see on youtube all the time. It doesn't have to cost $10,000. I think if you get a couple of good static cameras, coupled with a hand-held camera with a homemade stabilizer, and add the obligatory shot of the bass drum pedal, you could make a video that is great for shopping to agents and clubs. Hell, you could even throw some snippets of cell phone video into the mix. The thing is to be creative and use the tools you have at your disposal.

While asking for favors might seem to save you money, they might become very expensive down the road then they are called in.

p.s. Liked the cables too.

My $0.04.

• Members

I just figured I'd follow your cue. Or would you roll over and take it if someone said you were being hateful for merely offering an opinion? Yeah, sure you would.

Oh dear god. You REALLY don't get over anything, huh? I wonder how many of your 23,000 posts are made up of this kind of contrived BS.

Don't call me sport, jerkstore. I'm not your "sport" and your attitude is truly annoying, so I'm gonna click "ignore" now.

• Members

While I think that the video was very well done, I wouldn't exactly call it no budget. Maybe more like low budget.

That being said I think the OP was saying that bands should step it up from the basic shot-in-the-bar-single-static-camera-beer-signs-on-the-wall-half-the-band-in-darkness videos you see on youtube all the time. It doesn't have to cost $10,000. I think if you get a couple of good static cameras, coupled with a hand-held camera with a homemade stabilizer, and add the obligatory shot of the bass drum pedal, you could make a video that is great for shopping to agents and clubs. Hell, you could even throw some snippets of cell phone video into the mix. The thing is to be creative and use the tools you have at your disposal.

While asking for favors might seem to save you money, they might become very expensive down the road then they are called in.

p.s. Liked the cables too.

My $0.04.

Yesssir - that's what I'm sayin'.

• Members
But since obviously you aren't looking for opinions that might make you an even better band, but rather attaboys, let me just say: "Wow, that's {censored}ing fabulous! You're great! You got nothing to work on! Martin Scorsese had better watch out! " etc etc. Is that what you want to hear?

Most people just really want attaboys.

• Members

Oh dear god. You REALLY don't get over anything, huh? I wonder how many of your 23,000 posts are made up of this kind of contrived BS.

Don't call me sport, jerkstore. I'm not your "sport" and your attitude is truly annoying, so I'm gonna click "ignore" now.

Yes, you're right, my saying your concept was not unique was me being a hater, and I had no business responding to it. Clearly, it was a hate-filled diatribe and I should be excoriated, no, worse, called a 'jerkstore' for having the temerity to defend myself. I shall banish myself to repeated watchings of your video as punishment until I can get my mind right. Sorry if I made your mascara run.

• Members

To be fair, taken at face value, the OP was merely showing what could be done on a limited budget (and well-connected friends). He did not actually solicit any feedback in his original post... I mean one could infer that he was fishing for compliments, but he did not ask for any...

• Members

I don't give a rat's ass about attaboys, especially from sour, jaded fools like bluestrat. All I'm doing is putting it out there so people can watch it, and show what you CAN do, even when you're just a working band in your hometown.

• Members

I LOVE that people would be so upset over a music video by a little-known band that they'd actually take the time to get their panties in a wad over it. Also, it's fun to watch forum monkeys throw their feces everywhere.

Archived